My homemade incubator

Minsara

In the Brooder
5 Years
Hi' This is the pictures of my Home made incubator.
Today is the 18th day of incubation.this is my first incubation.
Humidity is 70%.

There are no water trays in incubator.but humidity is 70%

This is the wet and dry bulb hygrometer

This is the pictures of eggs taken today.

Looking good what do you use for a thermostat? I love making my own incubators. So much fun and getting alot of fuzzy butts in return is well worth the effort. if you look on my profile you can see several I built there. Keep us informed on you hatch please. Good luck to ya!

mine is step by step here. 11w bulb. at the very end Iplace whole thing in large wood box to keep out drafts.

inner cardboard box is 8''x9''x10''

clamp lamp

this is a well used incubator. I dry hatch but I will have small water cup with copper penny inside at lock down.

current temp is at 101 which is fine for still air.

Last edited:

mine is step by step here. 11w bulb. at the very end Iplace whole thing in large wood box to keep out drafts.

inner cardboard box is 8''x9''x10''

clamp lamp

this is a well used incubator. I dry hatch but I will have small water cup with copper penny inside at lock down.
Nice work.Did you have a hygrometer or wet and dry bulb thermometer.How did you calculate humidity.How many days with your incubation

I dry hatch which is good for still air homemade incubators. I stick my hand in box to turn eggs feels moist enough to me. They usually hatch out day 20and 1/2 or so. come out nice and moist too.

since the box is small it keeps moisture in, I do add moisture at first pip. It is very dry here, but I still dry hatch. If it is moist where you are try incubating in a card board box only.

Last edited:
Hubby is pretending not to see the incubator running in the middle of the dinning room. I have seen him walk around it. I think he is avoiding the don't hatch anymore talk.

Back
Top Bottom