My homemade Muscadine wine is ready!!!! :)

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Pumpkinpup, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    I make a batch of homemade wine every year from muscadines and scuppernongs and this year was a very good year for the fruit! I have a 3 gallon churn worked of the second time and ready to bottle now. I am so pleased and excited [​IMG]
    Does anyone else on here make their own?

2. wendy

wendy On the Hill

Jun 14, 2007
    central louisiana
    My dh did try twice, two different kinds. The first time was muscadine, it was okay, strong to me [​IMG]

The second was watermelon wine. Watermelon did so good he thought he would try it. It was [​IMG] to say the least!

3. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Robin, We do. DH makes Concord every year except last year, even the grape vines froze in the Spring. He makes it in a 55 gal. plastic wine vat.

4. Pumpkinpup

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    Quote:LOL! I have had failures as well. I persisted though and learned.

5. Pumpkinpup

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    Quote:Yumm, that sounds wonderful! I have not tried any concord yet. Maybe this year [​IMG]

6. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
  7. PurpleChicken

PurpleChicken Tolerated.....Mostly

Apr 6, 2007
    Iceland
    What are muscadines and scuppernongs? Types of grapes?

I LOVE homemade wine. Yummmmm. Hicup

8. EllyMae

EllyMae Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:You'd be in trouble if we lived closer...cause I would be at your house quite frequently!! I LOVE scuppernongs and scuppernong wine. I married Midwestern fella that didn't even know what a scuppernong or muscadine was...he doesn't care for them by the way, but that's fine because it's more for me! [​IMG]

9. Pumpkinpup

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    Quote:They are a wild variety of grape that has been propogated and domesticated for comercial use as well now. I use the wild variety [​IMG]
    They seem to have a richer more pleasing flavor.

10. wendy

wendy On the Hill

Jun 14, 2007
    central louisiana
    Muscadine's grow on our property and they taste so good [​IMG] right off the vine!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by