My hope, plus Gizmo's progeny - my partridge Brahma project

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Sjisty, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Sjisty

Sjisty Scribe of Brahmalot

May 18, 2009
    Brooksville
    When I lost my beautiful Gizmo, blue partridge Brahma, I was crushed. He was my beautiful boy and I had hopes of many children. Well, before he died he did manage to breed my partridge hen and my lemon pyle hen. Most of the chicks look like my lemon pyle hen with a few partridge pullets, but I do have two boys -

This is Junior. I think he is just beautiful. I know, he has vulture hocks, but he has very heavy blue coloration and is huge. He's about 11 weeks old.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

I also have Ditto. His mother is a partridge hen, father is Gizmo. He's starting to color well and loves to jump in my lap for a cuddle. He hasn't colored enough yet to know if he is going to be a blue or not.

[​IMG]

I also was given, thank you Susan, a young partridge cockerel. This is Danny - he's just starting to get his gold coloration and should be a beauty, too.

[​IMG]

And of course, here's Gizmo, RIP.

[​IMG]

Next summer I expect to have lots of partridge Brahma eggs!

2. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Oh- Gizmo was sooooo pretty! Good luck with your project- it looks very promising [​IMG]

3. big medicine

big medicine custom Brahmas

Mar 6, 2009
    Ohio
    I just can't figure you crazy kids these days, messing around with these non standard colors.

Here's my version in splash.

[​IMG]

4. ScaredOfShadows

ScaredOfShadows Chillin' With My Peeps

we mess with new colors cause its fun [​IMG] besides me - I am definately one of those 'outside the box' kind of people. Why conform when you can be different? Know what I mean [​IMG]

Also - the joys of owning pet birds and not show birds is - we don't worry about the standards or us 'rebels' are looking to create a new color to maybe eventually be added to the standard. [​IMG]

Big - do you show? I can't remember. [​IMG]

P.S. i'm just joking around - I'm dead dog tired but can't sleep so I'm being silly. lol

5. big medicine

big medicine custom Brahmas

Mar 6, 2009
    Ohio
    I was funning as well, but I do breed with breed standards foremost in mlnd. My long term hope is to have birds I'm working on accepted into the standard. I do not yet have my birds to where I feel they are ready to show, the silver laced are closer.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by