My horse does not appreciate me!

Camelot Farms

Chickenista
10 Years
Jun 5, 2009
VA,TN,NC Tri-State area
Rotten boy! we were expecting 12-18 inches of snow here in SWVA so on Friday I brought both horses into their stalls to avoid being out in the blizzard. Neither horse had been stalled since last winter but they both walked right in. No big deal.

Well, the boys have been doing chores for me cause they are agile enough to climb those snow banks...lol.

Yesterday, they put the horses back in the paddock so that they could play in the snow and get some exercise. So they were stalled for 48 hours, with plenty of food and water!

Today, I wander down to the barn to hand out some chicken treats and OMG! General has EATEN the top board of his stall. It used to be a 1 x 4. Now it is a 1 x1 in some spots, a 1 x 2 in others...you get the picture.

Ungrateful beast! I shouuld probably go check his mouth for splinters huh?

Oh, And DS mentions that he also reached over the stall, got a 1/2 bag of wood shavings, pulled them into the stall and destroyed them.

Naughty. Naughty. Naughty! Next time....he can stay in the snow!! (j/k)

gig.gif
you need to get one of those hanging treat balls, that'll keep em busy!

I can relate Camelot Farms!!..We have the nicest scalloped edged boards in the area!!

My son raised six bottle calves last winter that did the same thing when we locked them in a small area under the barn lean to..only theirs was the next to the bottom row!!

flip that board over, rip off the uneven part with a table saw and fasten a length of rebar along the entire surface of that top board. Tie it down good whatever you use. Your board will last longer than that horse.

Back
Top Bottom