My Horse Training Adventures!

sassysarah

Crossing the Road
Apr 3, 2017
Oklahoma
My Coop
Hey there horse fans! :frow
I thought it would be fun to make a thread all about me and my horses! This thread will follow up on the progress we are making together! Riding, groundwork etc!
I buy horses that aren't being used and sitting out in pastures going to waste. Then I work on riding them, teaching them to be respectful to their owners, lunging, trailering, desensitizing them to whips, plastic bags, traffic dogs etc. Them I match them up with people that are looking for good family horses!
I also have some of my own horses that I am keeping FOREVER!

(Lightning)
Breed: Grade
Height: 15.1 hands
Color: Palomino
Info: I purchased, Lightning, as a green broke horse 7 months ago. He had not been ridden in about 4 years and spooked at everything!:th
He would bolt while leading him, needed a TON of work at turning! I started him with direct reining them I slowly introduced neck reining, since I ride western of course! Now he's just about BOMB PROOF!
:celebrate
I was just galloping him through my field yesterday! A 4 year old has ridden him by herself. He's absolutely an amazing horse!

I took him for a walk down the road the other day!
DSC09983 (3).JPG

Out in the pasture
DSC03543 (2).JPG

Leisure riding
DSC07727 (3).JPG

(Savvy)

Breed: Quarter Horse
Height: 14.3 hands
Color: Sorrel
Info: She was pretty well broke when I we got her. She had 30 days a barrel training and was loping around the barrels great! She is amazing on trails!

Jumping Savvy bareback
DSC00191 (2).JPG

Grazing in the pasture
DSC05495.JPG

(Sunshine)

Breed: Unknown
Height: 12 1/2 hands
Info: Sunshine is a great kid pony! She's very calm, easy to ride, A 5 year old has been to playdays, trails etc. on her. I bought her about 2 months ago.
DSC08623 (2).JPG

I also have 2 other geldings that are in training that I should be finding good homes soon!:)

(Chester)
DSC06171 (2).JPG

(Pistol)
I actually don't have any pictures of him right now,:( but I'm going out to ride him so I let you know how he does and I'll update pictures of him!

Some pictures of (Bo) the last horse I sold to a family.
Height: About 15 hands
Breed: Grade
Info: Bo, was such a joy to train! She learned everything so quickly and was very eager to please! She needed work on trailering, loping when asked, riding with a bit etc. But she picked up on everything I taught her so fast!
The owners are actually using her to give horseback riding lessons to kids! I'm so happy she has a great home!:love
DSC03843 (2).JPG

DSC02266.JPG

I will be updating this thread very often!

Last edited:

sassysarah

Crossing the Road
Apr 3, 2017
Oklahoma
My Coop
It was too dark to get pictures of Pistol tonight. I will definitely get some tomorrow though.
He did great for riding though! I have been working on downward transitions and trotting with him. Whenever I ask him to trot he does but then breaks into a lope. So thats the biggest thing we are working on right now, is how to keep that pace without speeding up. He's also a little headshy and spooky so I have been doing a lot of desensitizing to plastic bags, whips and ropes.

sassysarah

Crossing the Road
Apr 3, 2017
Oklahoma
My Coop
DSCN1584.JPG

I actually found a picture of Pistol, in my folders!
Pistol, is a 12 year old, 14.2 hand gelding. He's probably going to need more muscle and a little weight. He wasn't getting any hay at the original owners. They had, maybe a 2 acre yard and he was just eating the grass there. Now he's getting a lot of hay and 3 quarts of 14% performance horse pellets a day.

It's looks like it's going to be too cold and windy to ride today. I will have to see if the wind calms down.

Top Bottom