My house got invaded last night.....

fishnet1971

'Birds Momma
13 Years
May 25, 2010
'Bird 'n the Fluffy Butts coop in Ohio
there are no words to say......

only the sad photos of what used to be MY home... now it's 'theirs'..... (somehow, this warms my heart just to know they want to be with me!)
I first noticed the problems whem my roo ran onto my deck and called his girly girls up to play!
58585_9132010_005.jpg

Then of course, the main man SuperBird wanted to have a bar b q. Of course it was hamburgers and not chicken.
58585_9132010_006.jpg

after they were all full (my husband and I whom were tied up in the yard watching this all) they went and took over my home. MY HOME!!! UGGGGGG i never thought i would loose my home... booo hoooo...
58585_9132010_014.jpg

and terrorized my cat!
58585_9132010_015.jpg

They found out they didnt like my home, so they headed for the front door!
58585_9132010_016.jpg

But only after reading my books,
58585_birdinkitchen3.jpg

eating my food, and seeing my sink full of garden goodies. "OFF TO THE GARDEN" they said "WE HAVE FOUND THE KEYS TO THE GATE!"

and so the story continues,.......

Last edited:
Mine always gather at the sliding glass door and peer in. I can see them putting their heads together trying to figure out how to get into the AC or heat and gaining access to the pantry.

Wholly cow your post scared me! Our head roo, a BO, will play tricks on me in the evenings and peck at the door. But when I'm in the kitchen it actually sounds like someone is knocking and I go running to the door thinking that a human is at the door, but it's just Sunny the Buff Orp rooster!
barnie.gif

My chickens quit coming on the deck when I had to move the roo out to the sticks. I always knew he was the ringleader/instigator, but I figured they had alread learned bad habits. Once or twice one of the black sexlinks will wander up there, but it's just not near as exciting without your big red man calling everyone up there for a party.

I love your first pic with the roo calling them all up there. Reminds me so much of mine!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom