My house STINKS!!!!

menkot

Songster
15 Years
Jun 1, 2007
We have a 75 gallon fish tank. A few days ago I noticed a silverdollar was missing. I turned everything in the tank upside down... no fish. I looked on the floor around the tank (it has a canopy but one end is open in the back)... no fish. Now we smell the fish and let me tell you, it STINKS! We have looked everywhere and I do mean everywhere. We even looked under the couch which is about ten feet away. The only part it could have jumped out faces into the dining room and no smell in there. It is in the living room. Any ideas to kill the smell? Trust me when I say we have searched. This is WEIRD! It does not help that I am fighting a stomach bug. BLECH!!

The filter has a cover and no way for it to get in through the part where the water goes in. It has just little slits.
sad.png

What about where the water spills out at the top? We had a chiclid go missing and ended up finding it up behind the filter media where the spillway comes out.

I feel for you. Nothing worse than stinky dead fish smell.
hmm.png

Em

Going to check under the bio wheels now but the smell does not seem to be coming from the tank. UGHH it is killing me PEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!

Will be getting some odoban tomorrow. Thanks for that. I just can't figure where in the world it could be..
sad.png

Not in the bio wheels. Something is going on with the tank too... had two fish die today. Will have to do a water change asap.
sad.png
It is an old established tank so no clue what is going on.

is there an air vent anywhere around the perimeter of the tank...?could have slid down one... also is it stuck to the underside of the table.. had that happen to me once..lol wierd. :\\

No air vent and I have searched the tank form one end to the other on the inside and outside. It had to have flopped somewhere really weird and far far away.

Back
Top Bottom