1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

My How They Grow! (picture heavy)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Morgan7782, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    It all started with 4 day old feed store chicks. Two Barred Rocks and two Easter Eggers. One of the EE's turned out to be a boy, so he went to live on a huge ranch in an upscale area outside of Sacramento, living the good life with a flock of 15-20 pullets all to himself. His name is Pippin. I gave one of my Barred Rock pullets to a fellow BYC member and as far as I know she is doing well [​IMG]

Then of course two chicks was NOT enough... So onto the Wyandottes. Got four of them from up north a ways, at 8 weeks old, and rehomed two of them once I figured out who fit best and boys from girls and all that. So two of the Wyandottes went to the same lady I gave my EE rooster to and brought them up about a month after I got them. Well while I was there, I fell head over heels in love with a BEAUTIFUL bird she had, later I learned it was a Dark Brahma. Well I kept commenting on the color and pattern and my friend said she had a younger one who hadn't laid yet I could have if I wanted... Well of course I said YES!!!

So here I am now, 5 chickens, and getting a big coop which will allow me to get 1-2 more. Probably won't have more then 7 though just because I live in an urban area. Onto pictures!

KEY:

Monica - 8 month old Dark Brahma
    Joon - 7 month old Barred Rock
    Munk - 7 month old Easter Egger
    Phoebe - 6 month old Blue Wyandotte
    Butternut - 6 month old Splas BLR Wyandotte

Pictures from when I first got/saw my chickens to currently taken a day or so ago! In order [​IMG]

Joon:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Munk:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (with her brother)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Butternut:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Phoebe:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Monica:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. NCchicken

NCchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2010
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

What beautiful pictures!!!!! Thanks for sharing! Oh my how they do grow up.

3. AJ666

AJ666 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2010
    La Crosse, WI
    dear morgan i am a big fan of yours and i love joon and munk they are my favorites just because they were your first and they are best buds and they are so beautiful! [​IMG]

4. funnybirds

funnybirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2010
    Oh My, what gorgous birds! What variety is Butternut? She is lovely!

5. funnybirds

funnybirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2010
    Quote:Oh, got it. A blue laced red wyandotte. VERY PRETTY!

6. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

You have the most beautiful girls and you take such gorgeous photographs of them!

Aesthetically, I wonder which of my 3 Olive Egger pullets would fit into your flock of lovely ladies. *grin*

7. HHandbasket

HHandbasket The Chickeneer

She does have gorgeous birds, and she is quite the photographer! All the best pictures of my birds were taken by her.

All her birds are big sweethearts and spoiled babies. Munk & Joon are buddies and hang out together. I think when she gets her new coop, they're gonna lay tons and tons of big, pretty, yummylicious eggs!

(See you Sunday, Gryeyes! I'm coming to most likely relieve you of one of your olive eggers!)

Last edited: Nov 6, 2010
  8. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    Thank you all for the nice comments! I love each of these girls they are all wonderful [​IMG] Even Phoebe with her slight 'tude haha. Only Monica is laying right now, everybody else is taking their sweet time probably waiting for the new big coop lol!

gryeyes, that's mostly why I want to get 2 newbies at the same time so I won't be 'throwing them to the wolves' (lol not really but you know what I mean) alone. I figure 2 would be easier to introduce then a single 'bobo'. I also have to wait until I get my new coop because I am coop max capacity at the moment lol which I am sure you understand! But I am definately interested in getting 2 pullets whatever breeds you happen to have or be willing to part with [​IMG] probably in about 3-4 weeks. And if you run across a lighter colored Easter Egger let me know! I am on the hunt for a lighter or neat colored easter egger.

9. PepsNick

PepsNick Back to Business

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    wow, they DO grow! joon is looking real nice and red [​IMG]

10. Morgan7782

Morgan7782 Dense Egg Goo

Mar 22, 2010
    Sacramento CA
    Thanks [​IMG] hopefully she will lay an egg soon hehe

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by