My how they have grown....(pics)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Steve, Jun 3, 2008.

1. Steve

Steve Ye Olde Henhouse Builder

It amazes me at how fast my chickens have grown.

It wasn't all that long ago I first brought them home and was reading here on the forum on how to take care of my newly aquired chicks.

[​IMG]

Which brings me to today....I had camera in hand and had to take a few pics on how they look today, out free ranging, coming and going as they please.

[​IMG]

And I do mean come and go as they please, they don't take long to figure out there might be something tasty on the bush hog after I just mowed weeds.

[​IMG]

And they even don't mind close ups.....this one (closest)

[​IMG]
    I named faith, cause when she was still a chick, she was the first one to place her trust in me and let me pet her....she placed her faith in my hands...hence the name. All the Isa Browns are very friendly and even the buffs are to a good degree, but faith is nearly under my feet all the time.

As always, Thanks for looking.

2. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    beautiful flock [​IMG]

3. CarriBrown

CarriBrown Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

They look like happy girls!

4. Steve

Quote:I'm not sure how to tell, but I'm guessing you are right.

They sure have been a source of entertainment watching them grow.....now they need to be a source for eggs.[​IMG]

5. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

How sweet!

6. chickflick

chickflick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    Hey Steve!! I just PM'd you and saw that you PM'd me!! Your flock looks great! Aren't they lots of fun to watch. And the Isa's are so sweet. My two are always under foot when I'm outside. I have a white EE too! Glad to see you here. Was wondering what happened to you! Don't know if I'll make the swap meet....if I come home with more chicks, my hubby will kill me. [​IMG]

7. Acre of Blessings

Acre of Blessings Canning/Sewing Addict

Apr 3, 2008
    Axton, VA
    Nice Flock.

8. Steve

Quote:No received PM Rose, try again?

They are fun to watch, we call it Chicken TV with no commercials.

I've been real busy with work and haven't been around much, you can come to the swap meet...just don't buy anything or else tell your hubby that what you brought home is actually Kristens and you are just taking care of them.[​IMG]

9. Coop-a-kick

Coop-a-kick Out Of The Brooder

Jun 2, 2008
    Altamonte Springs, FL
    They even think your tractor's sexy! The "close up" picture makes me laugh. She probably thought there was a treat in the camera (or maybe she just knows how pretty she is!). Faith's story is great, and your flock is gorgeous. [​IMG]

10. chickflick

chickflick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    Did you get it yet??

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by