My hubby loves me

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Rhett&SarahsMom, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    I knew he did anyway. But last night was the sealer.

we have been working nearly every weekend and day off he has had on the coop and run. We FINALLY got the run and coop done so that they are safe enough for the girls to be out!!!! So yesterday, with fanfare. My mother;who was visiting, my husband and I moved the 7week old girls out of the living room and into the back yard.

Then it rained. And thundered. And rained some more.
    I was concerned for the girls since it was their first night out there... so at around 9pm I was pacing. I am scared to death of lightening. To the point where I will not use the cordless telephone, computer or take a shower during a storm.
    My wonderful husband went up stairs. Put on his sneakers and grabbed the flashlight and went out to check on them. In the middle of a downpour. Without my having to say anything. Guess the pacing spoke volumes:/ When he came back in he was soaked. But he told me that they were all ok. Together in the corner. That "one of the black ones" had woken up when he opened the door, peeped at him and looked at him. But the others seemed to be sleeping.
    And he didnt laugh at me this morning when I told him I had woken up at 1:30 to check on them. I can see their coop from the back bedroom. Nothing was amiss so I went back to bed.

I am so lucky. He loves me so darn much. Not only has he brought my horse(16h Thoroughbred) in when I was sick and mucked the boys stall.. but now he checks on my girls for me when I am worried. He is not an animal person by birth, like I am. So these things are huge!!

2. Weasleymum

Weasleymum Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2008
    Virginia
    That's really sweet.

3. BettyR

BettyR Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Texas Gulf Coast
    Lucky girl and sweet guy!!

Tell him I said “well done.”

4. ChickieWhickie

ChickieWhickie Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2008
    Western KY
    That is sweet!! Yep, he loves you.

We know our DHs love us when they love our birds.

My DH drove 6 hours round trip to get me some Cayuga ducks and Frizzles. He told me not to tell anyone, he drove that far for some ducks and chickens. But you have to tell people when he does something that sweet.

Maybe we can get bumper stickers that say "Love Me, Love my Birds!!"

5. Missouri chick

Missouri chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Homer, GA
    Aww, what a sweet hubby. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by