My husband got a laugh from watching our chickens.

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Cheri, Aug 11, 2007.

1. Cheri

Cheri Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2007
    Dayton, TX
    Our biggest chicken (still unsure the gender) Rocky caught a live frog. Rocky was running all around the chicken yard with that huge frog hanging out of it's mouth. Dan was laughing because all 23 other chickens were chasing Rocky trying to get that frog!

2. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    One of my girls ate a baby frog last week...it made me sick. [​IMG]

3. Cheri

May 6, 2007
    Dayton, TX
    Well he didn't stay to watch them eat it. Tho when my daughter went out to put them up she didn't see it.

4. thndrdancr

thndrdancr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    Well, I would have felt sorry for the poor frog, but would have laughed at the chickens rioting, with the lil legs dangling...I can picture it and laugh, but I have a dark sense of humor after having worked in child protective services so long.....

I like the duck story too. [​IMG]

Jill

5. Cheri

May 6, 2007
    Dayton, TX
    Thanks. I did feel kinda sorry for the frog. I have a stuffed blue frog that sits on my bed.

6. thndrdancr

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    Yea, but...chickens WILL be chickens... they are still cute in their gruesomeness sometimes...[​IMG]

What ya doin up this late tonite for, Cheri, isnt your toe all better now? [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 12, 2007
  7. Cheri

May 6, 2007
    Dayton, TX
    It still hasn't lost it's nail but yes it is better. My husband suffers from sleep apnea and the past couple of weeks I have not been able to sleep until he leaves for work.

8. thndrdancr

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    I rather miss you being up late and posting. [​IMG]

9. Cheri

May 6, 2007
    Dayton, TX
    Aw shucks. Ya make me blush! [​IMG] Ok back to chickens. I have 5 pretty little anconas. These girls can climb!! Chelsea went looking for 3 of them and they were stacked, one on another, sleeping in the window. The dogs got into the chicken yard (they didn't touch any chickens) and Rowdy and Foggy kept their girls safe. They chased the girls under the coop and stood gaurd. The next morning Molly got a little too close to the fence and got pecked on the nose by Rowdy.

10. thndrdancr

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    I havent looked at any pics of Anconas, you have pics of them? All I have to do is look at more breeds I want...I have it so bad, already I want Japanese bantams, SLW's, Silver spangled hamburgs, Salmon Favorolles (sp?), Light brahma's, cochins......well I dont need to go on...

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by