My husband is a meaney :(

hd_darcy

Songster
11 Years
Apr 28, 2010
Wisconsin
I ordered 4 frizzles. Well, they are one week old today. One looks like he/she will not be a frizzle. And one doesn't look so hot which is my son's favorite. I want to go get two more, and he's put his foot down...GRRR... I'm trying to get a hold of the store to see if they sell probiotics, I might have to go down there and get ONE more chich that will hop into my box
big_smile.png
. I'll tell him that was a compromise, and he better be fine with it!!
wink.png

Darcy

LOL tell him he needs to learn chicken math!! and then blame it on BYC!! that is what I did!!
no more than 3 was his cry....now we have 16!!! I have 9 and neighbor has 7...they are all in my coop and run...we are co-cooping

ROFLMAO...You all (aka ya'll) are so funny!!! I have been sharing some of the posts with my Hubster and he thinks I have finally found the right coop! He thinks he is so punny!!! LOL

Do like I did at first (now she is all about it) I told the wife they were packing peanuts you know the extra chicks they put in to keep the other warm. she bought it the first time then she got into them and went with me to pick some out and asked why they didn't give us any extras this time "Umm well you see honey they didn't exactly give them to me the last time" lol.

You could always try that and see if it works for you...

Good luck to you

The first year I got chickens I made the mistake of discussing it with my husband. Even though he has absolutely nothing to do with them, doesn't even have to see them unless he makes a point of it, he felt he should have some control over what and how many I got. Since then I just order them and don't tell him. This year got a little sticky because I ordered a LOT of birds (chicks, turkeys, geese and ducks) and they came in several different batches. So he kept getting awakened in the early morning with the phone calls from the post office. Finally he asked me, "how many did you get?" So I had to lie, just a little.

we've had both chicks and ducklings for a while without hubby knowing. we sneak them into a back spare room and then poof, they are bigger and ready to go outside..the kids have bonded with them already, the hardest work is past us..what can he say? lol

i went and bought mine the day before my b-day..so my husband couldn't say anything about. our anniversary is in july and i plan on getting more!! i'm building their coop (on my own). will post pics when i'm done and ya'll can judge how well i did(all by myself!). if your hubby is like mine he won't even notice a few extra....i just tell mine that he wasn't paying attention as usual!!

Back
Top Bottom