My husband is coming along nicely

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by horsejody, Mar 5, 2008.

1. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    Ok, the whole time the first batch of eggs were incubating, he kept saying they were my eggs, not his. My project, not his. My incubators, not his. And I kept hearing, "Why do we need more animals?" Once they hatched, I think he bonded with them. Now, I don't have chicks. WE have chicks! He looks at them a lot and crows like a rooster at them. He took pictures to work. He even discovered a game for them. He shines a red laser light in the bottom of the brooder, and they chase the "little red bug." It's actually funny to watch. It looks like little chickie bumber cars as they all run around after the light. I am using white puppy pads on the brooder floor, so the light shows up good. I don't know what's cuter, the chicks, or a 6'4" man crouched over the brooder crowing and playing with them!

2. Kanchii

Kanchii Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] That's too cute! You've got him trained!

Last edited: Mar 5, 2008
  3. BikerBabeRules

BikerBabeRules Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2008
    Vermont, USA
    That's funny. I had the same situation. When they started to peep, pip and all else, he was the one there picking at the shell to get them out!! Gotta love it. Chickens are no longer "my" project, but "ours"..think it's a guy thing. Oh, and to bring those photos to work like he was the one who gave birth.....ha!

4. cockadoodlemom

cockadoodlemom Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2007
    Texas
    That is too cute! You have to get a picture of that.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by