1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My husband is teasing me

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by horsejody, Feb 28, 2008.

1. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    DH just called me for the second time today to tell me that if the chicks hatched while we were at work, he will see them first. I answered the phone and heard him singing, "Ha Ha Ha Ha. I'm going to be home before you. You did all the work and I'll get to see them first!" Is that mean or what? He pretends the chicks are no big deal, but I've seen him checking the bator. He has started asking technical questions about the egg development, hatching, etc. He even encouraged me to buy the new bator when the second borrowed one didn't work well. He's not fooling me. He likes this. His actions today prove it! [​IMG]

2. scgamecock

scgamecock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    [​IMG]:pop

3. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    You are grooming yet another chick-a-holic! LOL

4. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    The only thing worse than a chick-o-holic is a Hatch-a-holic! And you're aiding and abetting!

5. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    I'll bet he even leaves work early today!!

6. Tsagirl

Tsagirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2007
    Eugene,OR
    LOL! You know what is funny, is my husband is the same way!

I see him frequently check the incubator, mess with the thermostat....then pretend like he does not care. hehe!
    I know whats going on.

Then he says "oh I got someone to take some silkes from you"...and I will go " no, I want to keep them" and then he will proceed to tell me that I can "get more eggs"!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL! LOL!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

That is the funniest thing for him to say because he never promotes me getting any kind of eggs. [​IMG]

Anyway......I think we are doing a great job converting our husbands to the "dark side" Hahaha!
    "Yes LUke...I am your chicken hatcher...."

[​IMG]

7. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    Quote:[​IMG]

8. Crazy4Chicks

Crazy4Chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 20, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    My DH says that he " has no clue about these things " and acts like he is not listening when I try to tell him what I have learned. But I see him check the bator when he walks by - asks me " did you turn the eggs yet? " .." did you know the temps reads.. " and now that he helped me candle for the first time and saw the veins - he is very excited about the babies hatch now.

he is already wanting to get a bigger kiddie pool for them to swim in when they get older ( yea I am hatching ducks lol )

I think mine is catching hatching fever from me - and I love it LOL

Julie

9. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    We have had 5 babies hatch so far. When I got up this morning DH was leaning over the bator crowing like a rooster. They seemed very entertained by it too.

10. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    I think we need a picture of that...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by