1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My husband seems disappointed

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Quail_Antwerp, Nov 28, 2008.

1. Quail_Antwerp

Quail_Antwerp [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    He asked me yesterday what do you want for your birthday? I had no answer for him. I told him I didn't need a gift, I have everything I want and just a nice night with him and a rented movie will be good.

I think he wants to do something special since he has this new job now.

My birthday is Tuesday.

So, ladies, what would you ask for?

FYI, I don't wear jewelry or makeup, so those are out. I like to read, but I can get any book from the library, so I am not able to justify that expense.

I was thinking of asking for an egg turner for my 'bator and a batch of hatching eggs, but I don't really want to start a hatch right now.

Any suggestions?

2. LilRalphieRoosmama

LilRalphieRoosmama Officially Quacked

Oct 15, 2007
    Elyria, OH
    Does he cook? Maybe tell him you'd like him to cook you dinner, and if you can pawn the kids off on Grandma or someone, maybe just have a nice dinner and a movie at home together?

Happy birthday!!!

3. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Ask for an IOU for spring when all the duck, geese, turkeys and chickens are gettng ready for hatching!

4. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Overrun With Chickens

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    You could still get the turner now and get eggs later.

Is there anything else that would make your life easier? Sometimes there are practical things that you don't really need, that you can do without, but boy do they make life easier. The turner already fits in that category. Are there any chores you especially hate, that could be made easier?

And Happy Birthday, too!

5. ibpboo

ibpboo Where Chickens Ride Horses

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    Geesh, I can not help you. I could not think of a thing when it was my birthday.
    The IOU idea sounds good and
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY

6. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    a nice massage ...

I think it would be cool if my DH would get both of us a 1/2 day pamper session both relaxing getting a massage...

enjoying it together then do a little shopping together and finish off the day with a chick flick and chocolate..

Now that would be a present. LOL

But I would still go for just the turner and maybe a gift certificate for hatching eggs later.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2008
  7. Quail_Antwerp

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    I like the idea of an IOU for spring eggs...especially since I am on a wait list for some BBS Orps [​IMG]

I wouldn't say there are any chores I hate, except maybe catching the goat, but he's already buying more fencing to put up to keep her in. Other than that, I actually kind of enjoy my chores. (I am nuts!)

Kind of liking the idea of an IOU. I might have to run that by him.

8. Quail_Antwerp

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    Quote:HAHAHA he wants to do the whole massage thing for Christmas! I talked him out of it and opted for fence for the goat pasture HAHAHA

9. ams3651

ams3651 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    NE PA
    we like just a pizza or snacks to bed and watch a movie after the kids have gone to bed. I also sometimes like to go to a hotel over night and for dinner just for a change in scenery. But the last gift he bought me as a drill. [​IMG] I needed one but he's way too practical sometimes.

10. Chicken Salad

Chicken Salad Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 6, 2008
    Frederick, Maryland
    My answer: "A date with you."

(And, Quail...I kind of enjoy my chores, too.)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by