My husband thinks I'm nuts and I wonder sometimes,too!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by rebecca100, Jan 17, 2009.

1. rebecca100

rebecca100 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2008
    Arkansas
    We have a radio trade program in my area called the Trading Post. I can't miss it even though sometimes I try. I just think "There may be something I need and I'm missing it!" Well I usually give in even though it drives my DH nuts. Well, the other day i told him that I needed to get rid of some of our animals, we have just way to many. Well, the next morning there was a pair of Swedish/Rouen cross ducks for $5 advertised. I really like ducks. I told myself I didn't need them as I called the #, and as I loaded the cage on the back of the truck, AND as I drove to their house. They were soooo sweet--How could I say no? My husband has forbidden the trading post to be played because apparently i can't stop myself and we are being overrun. BTW I still have all the others, too! I AM trying to stop though, it is starting to get expensive to feed everything. [​IMG]

2. BayCityBabe

BayCityBabe Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2008
    Do you ever watch the T.V. show "Clean House"? If that show reminds you of your barn... [​IMG]
    Just sayin'.

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Sounds like the QVC of the south. [​IMG]

4. rebecca100

Apr 1, 2008
    Arkansas
    Well, I enjoy my animals and I like to be outside with them. I more i have around me the happier I am. As long as I can still take good care of them that is! I even enjoy throwing hay to the horses,goats, and our 2 jerseys. And cleaning out the barn. It just feels right to me. Fortunately, my DH is pretty understanding of what we already have. He secretly likes them, too, I think.

5. 2468Chickensrgr8

2468Chickensrgr8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    Ontario
    I think your perfectly normal.....hee hee hee! I think I'd better turn on the radio and find a Trading post....

My 11 year old daughter and I are setting up a plan to get a kitten...we already have a 7 year old cat....my girlfriend and my partner in 'crime" who also has a hubby that say's BAH HUM BUG !! hee hee hee!! plans on finding a kitten and putting it in a basket and leaving it at the front door...when I give her the cue by cell phone that were on our way home....and then my daughter who has her dad by the you know what will blink her beautiful Blue eyes at her him and squish some tears out and she'll say "Oh Please Papa !! Can we keep it !! and we will play dumb and say someone must have dropped it off ...you know those people from the city...

Hopefully I can get a goat and a pot belly pig this way too!!! maybe another Chicken or two...I have to return the favour to my girlfriend also... shhhhh dont tell my hubby....

6. rebecca100

Apr 1, 2008
    Arkansas
    That sounds like something I would do when I was a kid! I kept a kitten hidden from my dad for over a month once. He knew I was up to something, he just didn't know what. Oh what fun that was! I just happen to get two potbellied pigs off the trading post about three months ago. They were free. My DH came home and they were in the yard! Much to my dismay they weren't very friendly to me and my husband loved them and took them over for his. I also got my goats and most of my chickens from there. Alot of the callers have livestock of some sort.

7. 2468Chickensrgr8

2468Chickensrgr8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    Ontario
    Oh my Gosh ! You sound like another partner in "crime" hee hee hee!!! . I have to tell my girlfriend this one...Have a good night!

8. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    I know it sounds like I'm in denial, but I'm not.

Denial. That's some place up in Alaska, right?

My wife thinks I'm chicken nuts. My 18 year old thinks I'm spreading it to his 14 & 11 year old brothers.

I think it's working.

9. hoosier

hoosier Chillin' With My Peeps

You sound perfectly normal to me!

10. JustChicky

JustChicky Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 14, 2008
    East Texas
    Sounds like me [​IMG] the only thing stopping me is $$$... and DH. Well, he tries. But I have 10 chicks coming soon and I am going to try to change that to 20+ tomorrow [​IMG]. He did agree on a pig, yay! And I WILL be getting another rabbit soon [​IMG]

Good duck find!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by