My husband wants it to be a rooster, I want it to be a hen

MichiganWoods

DD (Artistic Digital Diva)
11 Years
Oct 6, 2008
West Michigan
The farmer down at the grain elevator asked how old our chickens were, and when I said about 11 weeks, he asked what my hen/rooster ratio was. When I told him I wasn't sure, he said, "You mean you can't tell yet?" I sheepishly said this is the first batch of chickens we've ever raised.
tongue.png

Anyway... maybe you can help my husband and I over the debate raging due to this particular chicken. This was the very first EE we had hatch -- the one my husband named Obama.
tongue.png

obama_week11.jpg

I noticed cute little upside-down heart patterns starting to show up on the short rounded feathers along the base of the tail.

I see 3 hens and 1 roo. BTW I wanted to name a oddball duck Obama and my wife would not let me. It was supposed to be a pekin but when it hatched it was black and yellow. Anybody tell you that you look a little like Sarah Palin??
smile.png

I'm starting to get an idea of where I need to be looking for the pointy feathers now. Yes, the tail is getting quite long! That's what was throwing me.

Yeah, my father-in-law took a picture of me hunting last week and he said I sure looked like Sarah Palin in it!

Back
Top Bottom