1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My husband wants me to OMG SHOW CHICKENS!!! Now what????

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by luvmychicknkids, Aug 13, 2008.

1. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Alright, let me start by saying, he doesn't even live with me (military bs), so this will be all me. [​IMG] So, basically he wants me to do this so he can brag and say "look what my chickie did". [​IMG]

Now, I currently have La Fleche eggs in the bator. These are "HIS" chickens. He wants me to find out what constitutes a show quality La Fleche and possibly enter some in the fair here next year. I don't even know where to begin. I know NOTHING about entering animals in a fair. The only thing I have ever done is photographs I have taken. Glad I have over a year to figure this all out.....IF I do. [​IMG]

Anyway, if anyone could point me in the right direction I would much appreciate it!!!

2. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Wish I knew enough to help you. Last year I got an application to enter some chikers in the fair, then 'chickened' out. Was afraid I'd bring home an ailment and I loved our birds to dearly by then to consider taking the risk.

Have thought about it again, but that's as close as I've gotten. You might check with Mothergoose and see if she has any suggestions. I know she just recently got back from a fair...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by