My Husband's Going to Kill Me!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by drdoolittle, Feb 1, 2011.

1. drdoolittle

drdoolittle Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 30, 2010
    NE Indiana
    Well, I did it again! I added to my order from Ideal! I originally ordered 10 self-blue silkies, 5 NNs, 5 Assorted Rare Breed Special Pullets, and 5 Assorted Crested Breeds. I called a little bit ago to find out what I had ordered, because I couldn't remember, and added 5 White Crested Black Polish and 2 Ameracana pullets! Oh well, I'll just have to sell more of the chickens I already have this spring at the local swap meet, or put ads in the paper and on CL! I'm probably going to be in trouble when they get here in April, but I'm very excited!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
  2. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    Psh he won't even notice.
    Just show him the cute little fuzzy butts,give him a big smile and say how much you love them.
    Better say how much you love him to for letting you get them....

Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
  3. abChicken

abChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Gaston County N.C.
    [​IMG]

4. feather and mountain man

feather and mountain man Corn fed Indiana farmgirl

Jan 17, 2010
    When I buy something I don't want my hubby to know about I write it down under walmart. Then when it arrives or he notices it I say it was on Sale! Then he rolls his eyes. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    I'd tell him the extras were 'packing peanuts' added in for warmth by the hatchery.

6. Diamond Wire Farms

Diamond Wire Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2011
    Placerville, CA
    I'm with wegot, 'I think its the same number of 'extras' that came last year...'

My husband, somehow, missed the two new geese I added last night. And they're Sebbie's. Who could overlook Sebbies?
    I guess I can't be as mad when he doesn't notice the mountain of garbage overflowing the canister!

7. dianaross77

dianaross77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2010
    Grand Blanc, MI
    You know the old saying, "It's better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission." [​IMG]

8. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

My land-lady has stopped asking me how many chickens I am "up to" now. The last two times she asked, I took a moment to answer (as if I was mentally counting), then said, "A lot."

She is now wondering about the number of roosters.... I have the same answer for that question, the next time she asks. If she does.

She really likes watching the flock free range - even into her backyard - and is amazed at the different breeds.

9. wsdareme

wsdareme Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2010
    Yelm, WA
    Quote:X 3 [​IMG]

10. Cass

Cass Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2011
    Albany, NY
    Somewhere I read that if you can conceal the "item" for 48 hours, and are then asked "where did they come from" or "how long have these been here?" , you are allowed to say "I've had them a long time"

Of course I have always used "we talked about this. Don't you remember?" When he says "no", I tell him that he never listens to me so it's his own fault. (now if he ever starts listening I am gonna be in trouble)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by