1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My - I mean their first egg!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by ChickaChickaBoomBoom, Jul 23, 2007.

1. ChickaChickaBoomBoom

ChickaChickaBoomBoom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Auburn, WA
    Quite the surprise this morning when I looked in the coop. I had been led to believe my two Black Star pullets were 3-4 months old, but I guess that was a rough guess because here was what I found:

[​IMG]

Just a little thing, but not too small, and definitely in fine shape. I don't have a better picture though, because the next thing I knew my wife was asking if I wanted a bite of the egg and cheese biscuit she had made! Lol! She even baked a single biscuit just for the occasion.

Tasted mighty fine!

Oh, and if you followed my other thread concerning noise, I have no idea when they laid it, because we were gone much of the day yesterday, and I never thought to look for an egg.

i'll be listening closer now! :)

-Dave

2. Motherhenandflock

Motherhenandflock Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2007
    Southeast Idaho
    Cool, huh?
    You know the sex-links are known as egg-laying machines. Get ready for plenty of eggs 'n' biscuits [​IMG]

3. ChickaChickaBoomBoom

ChickaChickaBoomBoom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Auburn, WA
    Quote:I'm looking forward to it!

-Dave

4. cheapcheap_jeepjeep

cheapcheap_jeepjeep Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2007
    Villa Grove
    Congrats on the egg [​IMG] I am still waiting on my white rock to start laying her comb and wattles have been red a month so far. I hope I don't have to wait much longer. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by