My Ideal order arrived today!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by CountryMama, Feb 12, 2009.

1. CountryMama

CountryMama Out Of The Brooder

Mar 10, 2007
    West Michigan
    I received 40 straight run bantams. 10 Bluelaced red wyandottes, 10 gold neck OEG, 10 Wheaten OEG and 10 Partridge cochin bantams.

All arrived healthy despite being winter. One seems to have spraddle legs and will likely die but they were all nice and otherwise healthy when I picked them up!! Ideal doesn't send extra chicks for warmth which surprises me though but I am pleased with this hatchery

Amanda

2. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] good fer you !!

and they do send freebies for warmth,, if you didnt order enough, but you had plenty, so they didnt have to [​IMG]

3. CountryMama

Mar 10, 2007
    West Michigan
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] good fer you !!

and they do send freebies for warmth,, if you didnt order enough, but you had plenty, so they didnt have to [​IMG]

Well they should anyways.. dont they know its like the prize in the cracker jacks? LOL

4. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Congrats on your new babies.
    If the only thing wrong with the spraddle leg chick is the leg problem and you are of a mind to try and treat it, you can do a search here on BYC, keywords "spraddle leg" for some great advice.
    Best of luck to you with the babies.

5. CountryMama

Mar 10, 2007
    West Michigan
    Well it has the leg stuck out but also seems to want to keep the eyes shut.

6. congdon476

congdon476 GaLLiNa LOcA

Dec 31, 2008
    Pueblo Area
    Ideal only sends packing peanut chicks when the order is less than 20 chicks. You had plenty for warmth... hence, no extra chicks. Be thankful- a box full of roos isn't easy to get rid of sometimes!

7. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Riding a long way stuffed in a box is hard on baby chicks. Add the colder weather and a bum leg, I wouldn't open my eyes either. If it was mine I would get a bandage on those legs and some water and vitamins in that little body. It could end up your favorite and strongest chick. [​IMG] good luck and congrats. [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
  8. CountryMama

Mar 10, 2007
    West Michigan
    Quote:I had 20 bantam frizzles last shipment and 15 were roos LOL

9. Chicken Woman

Chicken Woman Incredible Egg

Oct 16, 2008
    Montana
    They don't sex frizzles do they ?

10. minifarm8

minifarm8 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2008
    Hagerstown, MD
    My ideal order arrived today too! From Texas to Maryland in one day! I have one weak bantam. Some spraddle leg going on here as well. Running out to get some vitamins now. What little cuties the bantams are!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by