1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My Ideal order just arrived!!!!!! 25 new Babies!! PICS ADDED!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Mourningdove, Jan 30, 2009.

1. Mourningdove

Mourningdove Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2008
    Cleveland, Tn.
    Hello all, My order of 25 surprise pullets have arrived [​IMG]
    Out of the 25 1 is dead [​IMG] They were cold and squished together trying to stay warm. I got them all in the brooder taking the time
    to give each chick attention with water & food. As of now after only an hour and a half so far they seem active and are chirping alot! [​IMG]
    This order consists of 5 breeds and so far the only breed I can identify for sure is the cochins! I have never had cochins before.
    I will post pics when I can get new bbateries for my camera! I can't wait to watch them grow!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2009
  2. hatchaholic

hatchaholic Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    South Carolina
    Congrats on the new babies!! Looking forward to pics!!

3. iread

iread Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2009
    South Carolina
    I can't wait to see. I love seeing all of the pics of the new babies! Makes me want mine to hurry up and hatch already!!! Congrats on the new additions.

4. DouglasPeeps

DouglasPeeps Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2008
    Colorado
    Congratulations on getting your new chickies! I have never had cochins either, so I am anxious to see your photos.

5. Mourningdove

Dec 17, 2008
    Cleveland, Tn.
    I am anxious to finf out for sure what I have, I noticed in my book that brahmas have feather feet also, so now I am stumped as to what
    these pretty babies are [​IMG]

6. Three_Blessings

Three_Blessings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2009
    Barry county, Michigan
    How exciting!!! My order from Ideal comes in April!!!!

7. Mourningdove

Dec 17, 2008
    Cleveland, Tn.
    Hey I managed to upload 3 pics before my camera totally died sorry they aren't that great but I can get more later, hope some of you can give me some ideas as to what they are!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. MariposaMama

MariposaMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Mariposa, CA
    The ones that look like little penguins look just like my Black Austrolorp chicks. The reds could be any number of breeds. That's the problem with the surprise mix. [​IMG]

Did you order 25 pullets or are some of them packing peanuts? I am getting ready to place another surprise mix order from Ideal (love the mix I got in Sept.), but I don't want any packing peanuts if I can help it. I already have more roos than I need and the kids won't let me sell any more-we sold 5 of the 8 packing peanuts a couple of months ago.

Good luck with your babies! It's really hard to wait to place my order, I'm sure it won't be long before I just can't help myself. [​IMG]

9. Mourningdove

Dec 17, 2008
    Cleveland, Tn.
    YES I ordered Ideals Surprise Pullet Special which all 25 are females, I got no extras

10. khoros

khoros Out Of The Brooder

Nov 28, 2008
    Orlando ,Florida
    you should have asked them to label them for you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by