My incubator got too hot....

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Mystary, May 2, 2008.

1. Mystary

Mystary Out Of The Brooder

Apr 21, 2008
    Jackson, GA
    This is my first batch of eggs for incubation. I have a LG 9200 still air incubator. I ordered the hovabator but at that time I hadn't received it yet. I put the eggs in on Friday. During the weekend I had to adjust the temperature a few times but overall everything was ok. I went to work Monday morning and when I got home that evening the temp was 108!!!! I opened the lid and turned the temp down. On Tuesday the same thing happened! This is a nightmare. I have tried so hard. Well yesterday I received my hovabator. I candled the 12 eggs and put them in the new incubator. I think 3 are unfertilized, 7 are dead and I see two with movement in them. I am new at this though. Should I keep all the eggs in incubator, wait a few more days and candle them again? Oh, by the way, these are shipped Buff Orpington eggs. Thanks for any suggestions,

Tina

2. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Give them a few days, candle again..If your positive they are goners remove, if not positive I always leave them (if they aren't seeping or smelly)...I'm always afraid I have thrown out a good one...

Good luck ....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by