My incubator got too hot....

Mystary

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 21, 2008
Jackson, GA
This is my first batch of eggs for incubation. I have a LG 9200 still air incubator. I ordered the hovabator but at that time I hadn't received it yet. I put the eggs in on Friday. During the weekend I had to adjust the temperature a few times but overall everything was ok. I went to work Monday morning and when I got home that evening the temp was 108!!!! I opened the lid and turned the temp down. On Tuesday the same thing happened! This is a nightmare. I have tried so hard. Well yesterday I received my hovabator. I candled the 12 eggs and put them in the new incubator. I think 3 are unfertilized, 7 are dead and I see two with movement in them. I am new at this though. Should I keep all the eggs in incubator, wait a few more days and candle them again? Oh, by the way, these are shipped Buff Orpington eggs. Thanks for any suggestions,

Tina

Give them a few days, candle again..If your positive they are goners remove, if not positive I always leave them (if they aren't seeping or smelly)...I'm always afraid I have thrown out a good one...

Good luck ....

Back
Top Bottom