My Incubator In Lockdown Has Been Off For 8 Hours!!!!! Help?

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Chiko, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Chiko

Chiko Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2010
    Orem, Utah.
    K, so I moved my bators around earlier today, and it looks like I forgot to plug in my Bator that was in lockdown. What has happened to the eggs? Did they die? Or is there still hope for them to hatch. They were due tomorrow. I quickly just now put them in my Hova-Bator. (they were in my LG) which is 99.7 degrees. Are my eggs dead or alive? I'm heating up the LG right now [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2011
  2. JulieNKC

JulieNKC Overrun With Chickens

Sep 25, 2010
    Kansas City
    My broodies got off 3 eggs on day 21. They were cold by the time I found them. Brought them in, warmed them up, and they hatched. As long as they didn't get too cold I'd say they have a chance. They might take an extra day or so though.

3. JusticeFamilyFarm

JusticeFamilyFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2011
    Southern California
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I hope they hatch for you! I don't know anything about it, since I've never hatched eggs, but I'll be waiting for your update! Good luck!

4. Chiko

Nov 25, 2010
    Orem, Utah.
    That's great news!!! I'm really hoping they make it.

JusticeFamilyFarm I will for sure let you know how it goes and show you plenty of pictures!!!

5. Sophie Mae

Sophie Mae Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2010
    Marion, Ohio
    I found 12 eggs left out of 32, something got to the nest and the eggs and Mamma are gone:hit. I did not know for sure when it happened. They were cold and due to hatch this weekend. I had my home made bator already going, same thin happened to another duck earlier in the month, that hatch is due around the 28 th...anyway, one hatched last night and I heard cheeping from others. Mine are looking good and i hope yours do well to.

6. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Stop worrying. They will hatch if fertile. The hatch may be delayed slightly so don't be quick to discard unhatched eggs.

7. Sophie Mae

Aug 30, 2010
    Marion, Ohio
    2 more have hatched:jumpy:jumpy, 6 more have pipped:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya:ya, and 1 passed away:hit....not to bad for all the Mamma Dramma

8. Chiko

Nov 25, 2010
    Orem, Utah.
    Great news!!!!! One egg has hatched! I put them under my broody hen and just checked on her. The one that was crying earlier hatched!

9. Sophie Mae

Aug 30, 2010
    Marion, Ohio
    Yea, i am so happy for your hatch!

10. Chiko

Nov 25, 2010
    Orem, Utah.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by