my incubator makes annoying noise, help!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by muus, Mar 23, 2015.

1. muus

muus Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2013
    Today I switched on the incubator and put some eggs and everything was normal, but in half an hour started making a horrible noise, it's produced by the fan. I tryed to fix it but I couldn't so, this noise can affect to the embryos?
    Thanks

2. KelseyBoxer

KelseyBoxer Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2014
    South Jersey
    The fan could have something lodged in it and it is rubbing on the blades. It could be the guard or even a wire thats rubbing. Or the fan could be on its way out. Perhaps the power supply is going bad. I don't think the noise will harm the eggs but the loss of a fan can make the incubation difficult. Take a good look and mabe you can find an object that is causing the noise.

3. muus

Dec 16, 2013
    I revised it yesterday and found nothing, some dirt that I cleaned. Always do the same, at first no sounds and everything seems to go well but in some minuts start that horroble noise.

4. dheltzel

dheltzel Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Nov 30, 2013
    Pottstown, PA
    A bearing is going bad in the fan. It will likely work for a while yet, but eventually fail. What model is the incubator? Most have replacement parts readily available, but when my fan bearing went bad, I removed the old fan and replaced it with a computer fan, using a separate power cord to a 12 volt power supply I had in my computer junk box. Worked even better than then old one. A real replacement fan is around $30 and I wasn't spending that much on an old incubator where other parts would likely fail too.

5. muus

Dec 16, 2013
    I have a Corti af 25. I found the problem, yesterday when I was cleaning it I didn't put right a piece and that makes that horrible noise. My incubator always make noise but I only need to pit over some weight and this sound disapear. I think I'll buy a computer fan and try to put it in and quit this one that make noise.
    Thank you so much

6. KelseyBoxer

KelseyBoxer Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2014
    South Jersey
    Its always good to have a back-up plan. Good luck !

7. muus

Dec 16, 2013
    Thank you so much!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by