My Incubator Wont turn down or up

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Axle Quails, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Axle Quails

Axle Quails Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    London
    all the temp is doing going up and trying to turn it down and it wont and the sensor wont pick it up... so what should i do my eggs are about to go down on lock down in 2 days...

2. matlock585

matlock585 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    White Bluff, TN
    What kind of incubator? If you have a water heater thermostat, It may have gone out. It happened just a week or so ago to another BYCer who had 18 babies in a hatcher. Her temp climbed to 106 and higher and killed them all. I'd race to home depot and get another and change it out if that is what you have.

3. Axle Quails

May 1, 2011
    London
    Covino i think it is

It like 11pm here and it had to muck up now im going to loose my valentime hatch and this weeks hatch if it dont sort out :(

we putting it on a time thing to see if it can stay near the temp and see if it goes back up like that till tomorrow

4. champer

champer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2011
    San Martin, CA
    Sounds like the thermostat isn't working and I don't imagine you can get a replacement in time for lock down. Is there anyone you could borrow an incubator from? For now, all I can think of is to increase ventilation to bring the temp down, course your humidity will decrease too. This is wacky, but what if you put ice cubes around the edges, they'll decrease the temp while increasing the humidity.
    I hope someone will have some better ideas for you. [​IMG]

5. Axle Quails

May 1, 2011
    London
    Thanks might try it

6. matlock585

matlock585 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2011
    White Bluff, TN
    That's a great idea Champer! I'd try that if it were 11 pm here. might make for a restless night, but better than a lost hatch.

7. Axle Quails

May 1, 2011
    London
    we going to try and order a incubator offline for it come here by tuesday...if i cant save this hatch i have to go and try again :)

8. Axle Quails

May 1, 2011
    London
    we going to see if i can borrow my cousins incubator tomorrow morning we going to add a little fan inside so it constally on so it might help take heat down :) and then we phonin my cousin up and asking can we buy there incubator

9. champer

champer Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2011
    San Martin, CA
    [​IMG] that works out for you!

10. Axle Quails

May 1, 2011
    London
    One big panic i cant get a incubator..

but my college got a incubator with eggs in but i see if i can borrow it and i candle there eggs :) to see if any are fertile

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by