My incubator

Ankron

In the Brooder
7 Years
Nov 2, 2012
Oklahoma

Made it out of some wood leftover from a house we are building. Put some led lights with a switch to see what's going on and put the incukit on today running at 99.7 temp and hum at 49%

turkey lover

Chirping
6 Years
Mar 12, 2013
i have just built a bator out of Styrofoam,an i got a thermometer from I,F,A. just some thing to lay on top of eggs but i don't know hoe to tell the humidity in my box any suggestions

cluck5

Chirping
7 Years
Aug 21, 2012
Headingley, Manitoba, CANADA
Yes, you need to get a hygrometer. You can buy thermometer/hygrometer combo from pet stores in the reptile section or some hardware stores (Wal-Mart). But, just to let you know, I bought a couple and tested their accuracy and all of them were off by a lot (ie: should have read 75%, but read 50%, one read 100%). The cheapest one I bought was $9 that I purchased at a local store. If you look on incubating on the forum I think it is call "Incubation 101" it will give you this info and tells you how to check accuracy of thermometer and hygrometer. Good luck!!

cluck5

Chirping
7 Years
Aug 21, 2012
Headingley, Manitoba, CANADA
Started some lavender Ameraucanas! Fingers crossed
Ohhh, those sound lovely. Are they blue eggs? I am getting more BCM, Welsumers and Ameraucanas today. I will set them as soon as my one lonely BCM hatches. I want to let them sit for a day or so because they are shipped eggs. How many are you setting? I would love to see pictures when your babies hatch.

Top Bottom