Has anyone had an Indian runner duck hatch her own eggs?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Jun 9, 2017
Utah
Has anyone had an Indian runner duck hatch her own eggs? My Blue Indian Runner has been broody for the past couple of days, she is sitting on some eggs and I am so excited to see if she stays on them. Anyone have broody ducks that hatch their own eggs?

Her name is Morgana. :)

Attachments

• IMG_7499.JPG
    IMG_7499.JPG
    686.5 KB · Views: 18
H
Hi and welcome to BYC. Sure ducks hatch their own ducklings - I have plenty of pals here that even have their ducks hatching and brooding their respective ducklings together, creche-style.

The best place for advice is the duck forum -
http://www.backyardchickens.com/f/42/ducks

Best wishes
CT

Have you ever heard of an "Indian Runner ducks" hatch their own ducklings before? I heard they hardly get broody at all. Calls ducks are great brooders I here!

Just in case she stays broody, sending good hatching vibes your way :yesss:

Thank you!!! It worked!!! My dog got into my coop and went into her nest, stole one of her eggs and eat it. Luckily it was only two days old but still........ Not happy......I was afraid that she was not going to sit on the rest of her eggs because she left them for a while after my dog had got in but today she laid another egg to replace that one that got eaten and she is still broody!!!!! :) Now just to keep my dog out......

Back
Top Bottom