My injury-PIC HEAVY and GRAPHIC

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by the4heathernsmom, May 18, 2010.

1. the4heathernsmom

the4heathernsmom Songster

Jul 1, 2008
    east texas
    [​IMG]
    This is the left side of ankle post op
    [​IMG]
    frontal view post op
    [​IMG]
    left side close
    [​IMG]
    soft cast post op
    [​IMG]
    right side post op soft cast removal

[​IMG]
    the chicken coop is the shed in the back of the pic this was taken the day I fell earlier in the day before the heavy snowfall came

Last edited: May 18, 2010

2. the4heathernsmom

Jul 1, 2008
    east texas
    Ok I figured it out finally how to post the pics using photobucket!!! This is the tri malleolar total dislocation and fracture injury I keep trying to describe that I am now recovering from......tried forever to get pics up but never could until now....Whatcha think ? Pretty gross huh and please dont mind my funky toes lol!!!!

3. the4heathernsmom

Jul 1, 2008
    east texas
    is it working? [​IMG]

4. Woods_Woman

Woods_Woman Songster

Oct 21, 2009
    Oregon Rain Forest
    [​IMG] Oh man it brings back memories for me..I hate staples, they always hurt like Hell when removed since it was already a sensitive area. Glad your on the mend [​IMG]

5. the4heathernsmom

Jul 1, 2008
    east texas
    Yea it is pretty gross .... I am better this was right after surgery so I will have to post pics now. It still is the same size at the ankle but the toes have gone down in swelling but it hurts...aches all the time and it is very difficult to get around. But I am still pushing it trying !!!!

6. SarahFair

SarahFair Songster

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    Ouchiebooboo!

7. Woods_Woman

Woods_Woman Songster

Oct 21, 2009
    Oregon Rain Forest
    It take's awhile before the swelling in the ankle really goes down. You might have swelling for the next year depending on how active you are.

8. Whitewater

Whitewater Songster

Jan 18, 2010
    Looks a lot like my ankle when I snapped my achilles tendon and needed a full repair. You have my sympathy! Don't try to do too much at first, your body needs time to recover.

It will get better, the swelling will go down with time, and it won't hurt as much by the time they take the staples out. At least, that's what I experienced.

Your scar will slowly go away too, I'm 6 years out and it's almost gone.

Hang in there!

Whitewater

9. really truly made me feel like passing out a little. hope it heals fast!

10. biddybird

biddybird Songster

May 5, 2010
    Salado Texas
    ouch!!! Hope your doing well now!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by