My insurance and weightloss,,, the cost of Jenny Craig is ungodly!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by WriterofWords, Nov 5, 2009.

1. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I was cruising through our BCBS of NM, through the school district, website and found out that they cover a portion of either Curves or Jenny Craig. So I called Jenny Craig to ask about and found out exactly why movie stars are the ones selling it,,, they are the ONLY ones who can afford it! The food is from $20 to $50 a day! That is breakfast, lunch, dinner, and a snack, but for crying out loud how many people with families can afford to pay that for themselves in addition to buying regular groceries for everyone else????

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Gosh Kate and not only that but the food SUCKS!!!! No wonder people lose weight on it! Eat more fiber rich foods and forget about the gimicks. Seriously. I stopped dieting and lost almost 60 lbs in 3 years. Slow but sure!

3. raroo

raroo Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    I remember the old Jenny Craig ads, where they said they'd give you a dollar for every pound you lost... then they said it would cost a dollar per pound, then it just kept going up from there.

4. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I couldn't believe it when they told me the price and acted like it was a real deal,, and my insurance covers the membership fee but there is a lot of fees involved and the price of the tiny little meals they have. Wow,,,, what a rip off!

5. debilorrah

Quote:In more ways than one, my dear. That food is intolerable!

6. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    Try the curves instead. Only thing is disliked is no pool, so i swapped to a gym with a pool (Broke a knee years ago, I can swim on a stiff leg).

7. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico

I've heard it was pretty bad, I like my food too much eat cardboard.

8. debilorrah

I've heard it was pretty bad, I like my food too much eat cardboard.

Me too!!! Even foods I don't prefer are better than that garbage!!!!

9. WriterofWords

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Quote:I tried Curves last year and couldn't stand going in circles behind a bunch of gossiping, spandex wearing, women with nothing else on their minds but getting out of there and into the Dairy Queen next door! Some of the women were great but the ones who were there the days I could go were a real hoot. I'd rather have a pool too!

10. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    Quote:I tried Curves last year and couldn't stand going in circles behind a bunch of gossiping, spandex wearing, women with nothing else on their minds but getting out of there and into the Dairy Queen next door! Some of the women were great but the ones who were there the days I could go were a real hoot. I'd rather have a pool too!

The one here in town was next to a retirement home, so i'd be in there after school, while 60 year old grannies were busting out more reps than I could.... quite humbling. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by