My introduction

Hardman111

Hatching
6 Years
Dec 18, 2013
Hello all,
Hardman111 here, living in Montana for the past 12 years and loving it. I have a small flock of about 60 birds right now and we're gearing up for spring. I was successful this last summer with all the chicks I incubated, selling them, keeping the best and adding to my flock. I have Rhode Island Red hens and roosters (one rooster I actually de-crowed, he makes the funniest little noise now), White rock hens, White Leghorn hens, 1 Delaware hen (her name is Georgia), some Black Australorp hens and roosters, Barred Rock hens and roosters, some Cornish Rock Cross hens and roosters to butcher soon (actually these are my brother's) and one sex link hen.
I started with my first 7 chickens early this year in January and truly, have learned everything that I know about them from then until now. I never realized how fun and almost addicting this stuff is. A lot of the stuff that I learned came from my dad, but for those things that were harder to understand, I've taken a lot from this website and it's posts. I have no idea why I've waited until now to join, I guess it just seemed like everything was already answered that I had a question to.
Well, just thought I'd drop a line. I'm not new to the game just new to the site. Hope to hear from anyone who enjoys this stuff as much as I do :)
Oh, also, my brother lost about 40 of his broilers, long story short, he's depressed and I'd like to get him a few Seramas to bring the chicken inside him back to life. Anyone know where they are selling a trio of Seramas this time of year?

Last edited:
LL

Hello! Welcome to BYC!

You can try the buy sell trad forum, sometimes I have luck if I find breeders at local shows or at sales where they sell off excess stock.

Hello :frow Welcome to BYC and Happy Holidays! X3 what Liz9910 and Shalom Farm suggested. You might want to check out the Serama threads on the Breeds, Genetics and Showing forum for breeders who might have birds. Good luck in your search,

First
welcome-byc.gif

Sounds like you are off to a good start with your flock and the selling of them good job and
goodpost.gif

keep up the good work as well ...

Have you tried craigslist under farm supplies of a local want adds and there are chickens for sale here on BYC and MY Pet Chicken ........
caf.gif

gander007
old.gif

Back
Top Bottom