My Japanese bantam chick (to me) lays impossible tiny eggs....so can ya beat that? Pic included!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Wink, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Wink

Wink Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2010
    Texas
    I believe Betsy is a Japanese bantam? that whole mixed bag thing from Ideal poultry, lol. She is my super friendly girl with lots of pluck...but not a very big egg. I heard this is about right for their breed? Anyhow, they are tiny, about the size of a penny or marble, and have NO yolk. Zippo. She would be a culled girl for sure in some hen establishments, but here, she is just my buddy.

So of course I want to see pics of YOUR small eggs below my post! I am also going to put it up on my FB page "The Fit Green Chicken" if you prefer to post it there, too. My page is dedicated to my hobbies: chickens, solar oven cooking, green living, and fitness. Hope to see ya there!

[​IMG]

2. Jenny1

Jenny1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2008
    Yeah, well, my hens lay eggs so small they are invisible. No yolk or white! ;)

Those are pretty cute

3. Wink

Wink Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2010
    Texas
    Lol, not laying yet, huh? we were totally perplexed when we pulled these dandies out of the box....but they still get used!!

4. NovaAman

NovaAman Overrun With Chickens

DUDE! You may have a niche in the market for fresh egg white eggs! So many people are wanting to have egg whites only! Now, if only you had a whole group of them to get rich on. LOL.

5. Jenny1

Jenny1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 22, 2008
    LoVE it! thats a great idea. See if you can get them a little bigger too- youve got a project to start!

6. chicken pickin

chicken pickin Overrun With Chickens

Mar 3, 2012
    Those are sooo cute. I have a Japanese Bantam chick she is 13 weeks old(also have 3 JB roos :( luck of the draw I guess). I was wondering how old your JB was when she started to lay? I figure they mature later than standard chickens. If she is new to laying the eggs may get a little bigger.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by