My Jearhons are ordered! Ideal just called! Just checking in!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Kelsey2017, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Kelsey2017

Kelsey2017 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2011
    Two Harbors, MN
    Ideal just called, they have a hatch date of March 23. I ordered 25 Norwegian Jearhon pullets and 4 cockerels! So excited! I just had to share. Now I have 6 months or so to convince everyone that the white eggs will be just as good as brown ones lol!

Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
  2. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    Sounds exciting! [​IMG] I've never heard of that breed before, but enjoy them and good luck with them when they arrive! [​IMG]

3. CowgirlPenny

CowgirlPenny Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2011
    South East TN
    Had to google...very pretty! Congrats!

4. Kelsey2017

Jan 30, 2011
    Two Harbors, MN
    My BF and I decided to put a theme to our farm, so we chose to go with Scandinavian animals. This is the only breed of chickens from the area and I think it will be interesting to try! I love to have the goal of collecting the animals, my DBF is really in for it now! Mwaa Haa Haa! [​IMG] I can see it now, some Blue Swedish ducks, a Norwegian Fjord horse, Danish Jersey, oh yes!

5. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    You'll really enjoy them-beautiful addition to your flock.
    The fun part is, NOONE knows what they are. They'll come to your house and they say, "WHAT are those?".
    Congrats on your new additions!

6. nanawendy

nanawendy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Bellingham Wa
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Good for YOU I'm getting NJ's just to have the contrast color in my baskets. I'm in love with the looks of the bird and excited about it's demeanor. I just hope , because of it's size, that it doesn't get picked on. If so I'll separate and figure out a solution. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. nanawendy

nanawendy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Bellingham Wa
    OH Scandinavian huh ... How about Welsummer, origin Holland... Barnevelder, origin Holland just to name a few. I considerate it all the same region... ??????

8. columbiacritter

columbiacritter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2008
    Scappoose Oregon
    I am getting NJs from Ideal too, they said mine were shipping 3-16. Hope that date is still good for mine.

9. Kelsey2017

Jan 30, 2011
    Two Harbors, MN
    Hi everyone! How is everyone doing with their NJ chicks? Mine are now about 2 and a half months old and we are really enjoying them. They are fun little jaunty birds and I love the long tails. I do kind of miss having a variety of colors but they are pretty running around the yard together. I don't have a camera so I can't post picks but they are neat. I will have to borrow one so you can see. Columbiacritter did you ever get yours?

10. stubbornhill

stubbornhill Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    Shapleigh, Maine
    Congrats! I was not familiar with the Norwegian Jearhon breed either and had to look it up. Very pretty and great idea on the farm theme. I hear you on the brown vs white situation! I am a brown egg girl all the way. I was brainwashed as a child from the tv commercials that sung, "brown eggs are local eggs, and local eggs are fresh!" Just kidding... But I must say, I have two Leghorns that consistantly give me nice white eggs everyday so I love them for that! And the white eggs taste just as good. [​IMG] Congrats again!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by