My Jouney with Backyard Chicken

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by btny9, Feb 25, 2013.

1. btny9

btny9 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 27, 2013
    Mississippi
    To prepare for my little chicks that I will be receiving from Murray McMurray Hatchery, my two grandfathers and I set up a brooder and got all the supplies I would need to make sure the chicks would be safe, healthy, and HAPPY.

This is the brooder my papaw built and we fixed up for the baby chicks.
    [​IMG]

2. btny9

btny9 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 27, 2013
    Mississippi
    THE CHICKS ARE HERE THE CHICKS ARE HERE!!!!!
    On February 19th my baby chicks arrived and on my birthday I might add. I ordered 25 but received 28 and can you believe it, they were all alive. [​IMG]

3. btny9

btny9 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 27, 2013
    Mississippi
    Week 1:
    Only a few of my chicks got a pasty bottom and did not like it one bit when I had to nurse them. [​IMG]
    But after they were placed back in there brooder they were happy and went to sleep. [​IMG][/IMG][/IMG]
    This little guy or girl did not want to leave the brooder for me to clean up. [​IMG]

P.S. don't freak out when you see the last picture with the news paper. The news paper is under my litter. Oh, if any one knows what kind of breed the chick is in the last picture will you let me know? I can't figure it out. He/She is one of the free chicks I relieved.

4. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    So cute congratulations!! [​IMG]

5. btny9

btny9 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 27, 2013
    Mississippi
    Thank you :) it's is so much fun to just sit there and watch them play.

6. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Beautiful birds! Congratulations!!! Better give those two grandpas a big ol' hug!

7. btny9

btny9 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 27, 2013
    Mississippi
    They are awesome :)

8. btny9

btny9 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 27, 2013
    Mississippi
    My cousin came over today to see the baby chicks and decided she wanted to name one nugget. So after a long long 30 minutes of decision making she finally picked out Nugget [​IMG]

9. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Congratulations on your new babies! Wonderful that they all arrived healthy. Great brooder your grandpas' made for you! [​IMG]

10. btny9

btny9 Out Of The Brooder

Jan 27, 2013
    Mississippi
    Week two:

So this week my baby chicks are growing their feathers and while it is hard for me to still tell what breed they are I hope some of y'all can tell

This is Nugget
    [​IMG]

This is Midnight he/she has fuzzy feat
    [​IMG][​IMG]

This is a chick similar to midnight but a little lighter[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by