My Khaki Campbells....

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by WCflockers, Jul 24, 2014.

1. WCflockers

WCflockers In the Brooder

May 7, 2013
    Illinois
    are approx. 9 weeks old. We have 6 total. This is our first time with ducks. I know I need to be patient to see what we have....but I am afraid I am seeing too many possible male traits emerging. Could you look at these pics and tell me you gender thoughts? Thanks!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. luvmypets

luvmypets Songster

Mar 17, 2013
    East Coast
    What do theyre quacks sound like. boy is soft and raspy. Female is loud and the typical quack sound.

3. WCflockers

May 7, 2013
    Illinois
    We hear loud quacks for sure (so that's good!), but if I think about it, we probably hear some low rasps too.

4. pawabovefarms

pawabovefarms In the Brooder

Mar 8, 2014
    Oak Harbor, WA
    I see for sure two that I would bet money on are likely hens, and a most definite drake in the bunch. Give them a bit more time. I was able to call my drakes for sure at about three months. But I also use to purposely stir them up a bit to get their excited quacks in hopes of being able to notice a difference. But in all reality, I could tell very early. Even as tiny ducklings, my drake was never overly vocal, barely doing much more than peeping, while the females would just vocalize over any little thing.

5. WCflockers

May 7, 2013
    Illinois
    Thank you so much! :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by