My Kidding Thread - Update - New Pics

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by sweetshoplady, May 14, 2009.

1. sweetshoplady

sweetshoplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    Here's Cleo:
    [​IMG]

Strawberry:
    [​IMG]

Maria:
    [​IMG]

Pam:
    [​IMG]

Let's have some fun with this. Who will be first? The buck arrived Dec. 27. So everybody was bred sometime after that. Even into January, I saw him do his thing with a couple goats. I didn't write it down.

If y'all can think up a contest for this, it would add some more excitement to it.

Last edited: May 24, 2009
  2. mrszlopez

mrszlopez Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2009
    Jackson,NJ
    i say either maria or cleo. despite the rear view of them, they are all beauties !!

3. sweetshoplady

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    I counted days since Mackey the buck arrived. 150 days from his arrival is May 26-27. So it'll be some time after that I think.

I'm glad I have a little more time to get ready.

Thanks, they're sweeties. They couldn't quite understand why I wanted to look at their tails. They kept turning around to face me.

4. mrszlopez

mrszlopez Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 4, 2009
    Jackson,NJ
    lol how cute !! cant wait to see what the babies look like !! i love kids [​IMG]

5. astylishgirl

astylishgirl Animal Lover Supreme

Apr 27, 2009
    Beaumont, Texas
    What are we looking at? Their udders or their rumps! I don't know anything about goats! I know for a mare, we check her bag to see if it is waxing.

6. sweetshoplady

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    You know, I don't know really what to look for. I've kind of been looking at the goat as a whole. Big belly, udders filling up (not taut yet like when there's lots of milk in there), and the girl part under the tail. (Cleo was shy and put her tail down)

Pam is not a big goat. She's about 13 months, she's probably around 100 pounds now. But much smaller than the other 3 older does who are more like 150-175.

When is disbudding done? I've never done it. It's nice to have done though, as its nice to have goaties with no horns.

7. Haviris

Haviris Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2007
    Disbudding can vary, generally it's done 7-10 days, the longest we went last year was 3 weeks, the earliest was one week.

I'm going to guess it will be Strawberry, Cleo, Maria, then Pam!

8. sweetshoplady

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    Here's today's pictures of Maria:

[​IMG]

And Strawberry:

[​IMG]

And the 2 of them:

[​IMG]

Maria's bag looks pretty full. Hard to get a picture of it from the front.

I'll try to get a picture of Cleo up tomorrow. Pam, I think, is a month behind them.

The 3 older girls are laying down a lot. Strawberry and Maria are very sweet girls, I hope their babies are as sweet as their mamas. The buck has a nice disposition too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by