My kids do nothing for my confidence.

Quote:
x2 That's awesome. I MOSTLY can throw things together and do fine... but some days....
barnie.gif
I really suck at chicken and dumplins for instance, they become chicken and driplins every single time... most the time DH and kids snarf it anyways, still tastes good... but other times they'll just ease their plate onto the counter... won't usually comment but later they'll be asking for an apple or a sandwich. Major bummer. But they are very good about praise when they love something so it's a pretty good deal overall.

Meatballs in particular always summon up that episode of Everyone Loves Raymond... hehehe... Marie is an evil genius.

OK, here's tonight's meal....Grouper fillet, which my sister gave me, battered and fried....Butternut squash, cut up and fried in the leftover oil....Then, I made milk gravy, out of the remaining oil.

My Dog keeps asking, Daddy, am I going to get some?

Quote:
Hey, your little boy didn't say your meatballs were "bad" or yucky. They just weren't to his taste. That could be a compliment! My swedish meatballs are to die for....I'm a retired professional cook with a food & nutrition degree.....but my husband won't eat them; they "taste funny".

Just the other day my 4yr old kept asking me for snacks before dinner and when I told her "no...I'm about to cook dinner" she complained saying "but I don't want to eat anything disgusting". That was a huge boost for my confidence...lol.

Quote:
lol.png
Gotta love them. DS's best example what when I bumped him and (sarcastically) said "Sorry Hon, Mom's bum just keeps getting bigger" he said "I know, it's okay"... gee thanks.
hmm.png

Tonight I had chicken thighs, onion, garlic and celery boiling. Deboned, put back in pot, add a bag of mixed veggies and basmati rice. Twenty minutes then thicken up what's left of the liquid. Salt and pepper to taste. It's okay, very nice given the cold, but no masterpiece.

Everybody just can't be a good cook.

I probably shouldn't say this...But I've seen my own wife cook
things that even the dog wouldn't eat. I know, because I've tried
to feed it to the dog before. And the dog chose his kibles and bits.

That's bad.

But I didn't ask my wife about her cooking before we got married.
My mistake.

Guess it's a good thing I can cook...

Back
Top Bottom