My kids, my chickens .... PIC's

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Wildsky, May 21, 2008.

1. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And our newest baby - a little Speckled Sussex from Busters chickens:
    [​IMG]

2. chickenshadow

chickenshadow Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2008
    Iowa
    [​IMG] Love the kids. [​IMG]

3. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Quote:Great pics, Wildsky! I am so glad that one of my eggs hatched from under your broody. That is the first egg hatched from chickens at my place. I am still waiting for mine- I'm only half way there! [​IMG]
    Cute kids by the way. Thanks for sharing!

4. texasreb

texasreb Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2008
    You have a lovely family and your chickens are cute too!

5. FLchook

FLchook Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2007
    Orlando, Florida
    Awww...how cute! How do you get your americanas to be so calm? Mine are super flighty and panicy. Not matter how much I try to tame them as peeps. They sure know who to run to for treats though [​IMG]

6. Chickadee28

Chickadee28 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2007
    Western IL
    Great Pics, you have a beautiful mixed flock. Your kids are too cute!

7. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    Quote:[​IMG] I have EE's and Araucana's - the baby ones the kids are holding, white and blue Araucana and the brownish one is an EE - they're a little flighty - my son is really good at catching them, he'll sit very still and quiet under the tree - offer then a blade of grass (like there is no other they can find) and they come right up to him.
    My daughter on the other hand bounces and jumps around so much they generally keep a LARGE distance between themselves and her pretty shoes [​IMG]

I have two adult EE's - Sandra and Peep - they come right up to us, chase us if we're walking with anything that looks like it has FOOD in it - but they don't generally like to be held.

8. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] The "baby" my son is holding is the same one in my Avatar on a skateboard [​IMG]

She was a bit of a special baby - assisted hatch, spraddle leg, a bent ankle and twisted up toes...... my hubby still calls her Gimpy... her name is Sun.
    The blue girl is Sky, and the white one in the pic with my daughter is Star, there is another Araucana baby - rumpless and her name is moon! [​IMG]

The new baby Speckled Sussex is Molly. All of them have names [​IMG]

Last edited: May 21, 2008
  9. CrowinKing

CrowinKing Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 29, 2007
    PA
    Can't get much cuter than that!!!

10. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    Hey Wildsky ... what cute kids!! I'm sure they get their cuteness from their mom and from this wonderful Colorado air![​IMG]

Oh ya, your chickens are looking good too. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by