SANY0066.jpg

SANY0070.jpg

SANY0072.jpg

SANY0075.jpg

SANY0076.jpg

And our newest baby - a little Speckled Sussex from Busters chickens:
SANY0069.jpg

Quote:
Great pics, Wildsky! I am so glad that one of my eggs hatched from under your broody. That is the first egg hatched from chickens at my place. I am still waiting for mine- I'm only half way there!
he.gif

Cute kids by the way. Thanks for sharing!

Awww...how cute! How do you get your americanas to be so calm? Mine are super flighty and panicy. Not matter how much I try to tame them as peeps. They sure know who to run to for treats though
lol.png

Quote:
lol.png
I have EE's and Araucana's - the baby ones the kids are holding, white and blue Araucana and the brownish one is an EE - they're a little flighty - my son is really good at catching them, he'll sit very still and quiet under the tree - offer then a blade of grass (like there is no other they can find) and they come right up to him.
My daughter on the other hand bounces and jumps around so much they generally keep a LARGE distance between themselves and her pretty shoes
big_smile.png

I have two adult EE's - Sandra and Peep - they come right up to us, chase us if we're walking with anything that looks like it has FOOD in it - but they don't generally like to be held.

big_smile.png
The "baby" my son is holding is the same one in my Avatar on a skateboard
lol.png

She was a bit of a special baby - assisted hatch, spraddle leg, a bent ankle and twisted up toes...... my hubby still calls her Gimpy... her name is Sun.
The blue girl is Sky, and the white one in the pic with my daughter is Star, there is another Araucana baby - rumpless and her name is moon!
lol.png

The new baby Speckled Sussex is Molly. All of them have names
tongue.png

Last edited:
Hey Wildsky ... what cute kids!! I'm sure they get their cuteness from their mom and from this wonderful Colorado air!
lol.png

Oh ya, your chickens are looking good too.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom