My kittens have grown

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by GAhen, Feb 7, 2008.

1. GAhen

GAhen Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2007
    Carrollton GA
    The last time I posted my kittens they were little babies and I was worried at how they would do with my chickens.
    Here they are at about six months old and they are great with the chickens, they are like one big happy family. Of coarse I will not let them at any chicks til I think it is safe.

Here is Gabbie

[​IMG]

here is Jenny
    [​IMG]

here is my roo and a couple of his hens.....
    [​IMG]
    My roo is called "the Duke".....

[​IMG]

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Awwww cute kittens! I love kittens.
    I'm getting really curious to see how my Killer Kitty does with chickens. She bullies both dogs, Jake weighs 30 lbs. and Charlie Girl is well over 80 lbs. They back down to her. The billy goat doesn't and I'm thrilled. I'm hoping I get at least one chicken that will flog the heck outta her when they are older and she'll learn. [​IMG]

3. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Very pretty cats! We've got too many wild barn cats and not enough nice tame ones anymore.

4. Wattles

Wattles Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2007
    San Antonio, TX
    Beautiful kitties GAhen! My cats have really surprised me with how well they've done with my chickens. I didn't let them very close until the chicks were a couple of weeks old. Now the chickens are huge and the cats vary from being a bit wary to being completely indifferent. Here are some photos of my big cat Chef spying on the chicks (he thinks he's being very subtle hiding on that shelf - the chicks were on to him the whole time but didn't want to hurt his feelings by letting him know).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tara

5. GAhen

GAhen Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2007
    Carrollton GA
    What a pretty kitty Tara...
    My hens boss my kittens around, it is so cute.

6. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Nice pics on this thread! I like pics that tell a mini-story.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by