My kitty

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by gabrielle1976, May 12, 2009.

1. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    [​IMG]

Someone knocked on my door 2 years ago in Oct witha scrawny little kitty probly about 3 months old and said they found it in the bushes and did I want it , well my son was home and it was a tuesday sooooo....

This is Tuesday the scrawny kitty

2. thebritt

thebritt Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2009
    Humboldt County
    Amazing what a little love, care, and feeling wanted can do for growth (inside and out)!!!
    PS, Are you going to The Gorge this weekend? Your son's t-shirt suggested a possible Dead show in your future?

Last edited: May 12, 2009
  3. gabrielle1976

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    Yeah he grew so fast lol , he is my piggy kitty though so I have to watch what my son feeds him as he likes to give him extra scoops when he begs ..
    I feel really stupid but Im not shure what you mean about the dead ?

4. thebritt

Mar 5, 2009
    Humboldt County
    Sorry about that - there's a Grateful Dead reunion tour, and they're going to play The Gorge with the Allman Brothers and Doobie Brothers this coming weekend - I saw that you were from the Columbia River Gorge area...(?)..

As for fat kitties - I feed a brand called "Chicken Soup For the Pet Lover's Soul Lite". First several ingredients are meats - no corn - might help with the weight concerns.

5. gabrielle1976

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    OMG I wish I could go but I know I woudnt be able to . Sorry I should have guessed you ment the gratefull dead.
    Ill have to find that kind of cat food , I spent 45 minutes the other day in the pet food isle at my store trying to find one that didnt have corn of any kind as a second ingredent and coudnt there were only 2 with it not the first even

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

That cat is GINORMOUS!

7. thebritt

Mar 5, 2009
    Humboldt County
    The only places that have that food in my neck of the redwoods are the feedstores (they all do) and pet supply stores. Not Safeway, etc.

8. gabrielle1976

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    Quote:Yeah I got very lucky and he isnt just huge he is really really mellow , now that my son is older he does get scratched a little in warning but when he was smaller the cat would jsut ether slink under the couch or you could jsut read his mind as he dangled from my sons arms " And people think cats are a pest"

9. thebritt

Mar 5, 2009
    Humboldt County
    You know, cats (and all living critters) have their own "person"alities...once we invite them into our lives, it's up to us to work out any differences (ideally to OUR advantage!). All we need is the information THEY give us (via their behavior), and our ingenuity to make that behavior work for us. If the behaviour doesn't work for us, we need to reward the ones that do (works for kids too - get scratched=not working, etc., kisses are nice, yadda yadda). Anyway...Thanks for sharing your happy story! Those are always greatly appreciated!

10. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Quote:Sure is! [​IMG] They sure look cute, those two! Great pic. thanks for sharing.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by