My Ladies are doing what now??

blckbrnfamly

Songster
10 Years
Sep 20, 2009
Southeast, Arizona
OK my friends, I have no idea why my girls are being so silly. If any one could lend me some advice I will be very grateful. Here's what's going on, I have five girls that were all laying on a nice regular basis. Eating well, laying, and clucking along with their lives. But the last three weeks have been a mystery, all but one have stopped laying and they have begun fighting like rooters! I have a nice handsome roo, he loves his girls and tends to look the other way when the girls are 'fighting' Their food has been the same, they always have water, treats every so often... How can I fix my girls?!?

Mine stopped laying a few weeks ago, I saw a few feathers around, and now it looks like a chicken exploded in the coop. It's the typical time of year to molt. I wouldn't be surprised if the irritability with each other would cause the same thing. For sure, a lap chicken often does not want to be touched when molting, so evidently it's very uncomfortable for them. They will even separate a bit on the roost when usually they would cuddle. Not the only possibility, but surely a possibility.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/423023/why-arent-my-chickens-laying-here-are-your-answers/0_20

Back
Top Bottom