My Last Attempt to find

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by yotetrapper, Jul 3, 2008.

1. yotetrapper

yotetrapper Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    North Central MS
    Standard Buff Cochins. If I cant find anyone with any eggs I guess I will just have to wait until next year. Does ANYone know of anyone who sells these?

2. perfectly_polish

perfectly_polish Overrun With Chickens

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    Quote:Have you thought about getting chicks? Cackle hatchery sells standard Buff Cochins, and the min. order is only 25.

3. yotetrapper

May 3, 2007
    North Central MS
    Well that's what I'll do if I have to wait until next year. But if I add 25 chickens to my 130 chickens I WILL be getting divorce papers. I only want like 6 or so. Unless........ I can convince hubby we NEED broilers lol.

4. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    [​IMG] That's what I did... I ordered 5 of the chicks I wanted, and 20 meat birds... hee hee hee... there's always a way when there's a will.
    [​IMG]

5. Alaska animal lover

Alaska animal lover Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2008
    Palmer, Alaska
    [​IMG]
    You folks are terrible enablers! But what a good idea!

6. perfectly_polish

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    Quote:Well cackle only has a min. order of 15, so you can get the cochins and fill the rest with broilers.

7. perfectly_polish

Mar 1, 2007
    CT
    Quote:That's what BYC is for, enabling one person at a time [​IMG]

8. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    There is also the Burlington July swap coming up. You might check there if it's not too far of a drive for you before you ordered any. I'm not sure what will be there for sure. I'm not going as I have so many eggs in the bator and on the way that if they hatch I will have more than enough chickens for now. LOL

9. yotetrapper

May 3, 2007
    North Central MS
    Is that THIS Sunday??

10. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    I'm not sure. I know there was a post somewhere on here about it. Let me search.

Found it:
    There is a small swap in Burlington Iowa. We usually go to this one. The dates are April 13, May 4, June 8, July 6, Aug 10 and Sept 7th. There is a two dollar parking fee. I haven't been able to convince my dh to drive to Waverly yet.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=30453&p=2 last post on the page.​

Last edited: Jul 3, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by