My last banty hatch...yeah right!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Goose and Fig, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Had a great hatch Friday & Saturday- 18 out of 20, lost one last night. These little guys are mostly bantam cochins, and a couple jap/cochin cross. The crosses end up looking like little japs with boots on. I might take them & my last hatch to a farmers market to sell this weekend. If there's no demand- guess I'm done with the banties for this year. I'm trying to gradually turn my flock over to standard BBS Cochins & Orps & Australorps- but these little guys are so darn cute!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Goose and Fig

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Look at the difference 3 weeks makes!
    [​IMG]

3. Goose and Fig

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    OK- one more hatch! I have 8 blue cochin chicks coming tomorrow from MPC, and I'm picking up two BBS Orps from Speckled hen this weekend- and she has EGGS!!!!!!!!!! Hopefully the banties will sell at the farmer's market, and my indulgences will be forgiven! [​IMG]:celebrate:weee

4. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    Cute chicks- and chickens from Speckled Hen are bound to be special!

(thought I'd post so you wouldn't be talking to yourself!) [​IMG]

5. Goose and Fig

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    (thought I'd post so you wouldn't be talking to yourself!)

I know! I was starting to get a little sad.[​IMG]

6. Bird Brain

Bird Brain Songster

Mar 25, 2009
    Hixson, TN
    Whitwell here again, I may need some of those banties. Candled a bunch of mine today shipped form members, and most have nothing. I guess the PO scrambled them for me. I think only 6 were doing anything. I knew it wasnt going to be good cause I candled when I got them, and wasnt optimistic, but set them anyways just in case

7. pdsavage

pdsavage Sussex Monarch

Mar 27, 2008
    NW,Missouri
    im saving my friz/bantam cochin eggs for another go round with the bator....now if only my eggs would hatch they are 2 days late....
    but still alive....
    i have like 30 in the other bator and gave up on making the last one till later...

8. Goose and Fig

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Whitwell here again, I may need some of those banties. Candled a bunch of mine today shipped form members, and most have nothing. I guess the PO scrambled them for me. I think only 6 were doing anything. I knew it wasnt going to be good cause I candled when I got them, and wasnt optimistic, but set them anyways just in case

Ahhhh- I think they're all spoken for. Going to a member in Woodbury! I can save you some eggs- no charge- if you want. Let me know and I won't put them in the fridge. I'd hatch some for ya but I'm getting a bator's worth of big eggs to start next week.​

9. Goose and Fig

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    im saving my friz/bantam cochin eggs for another go round with the bator....now if only my eggs would hatch they are 2 days late....
    but still alive....
    i have like 30 in the other bator and gave up on making the last one till later...

Oh- I hope you have a good hatch! Little frizzle cochins must be so fun to watch!​

10. Bird Brain

Bird Brain Songster

Mar 25, 2009
    Hixson, TN
    Quote:Ahhhh- I think they're all spoken for. Going to a member in Woodbury! I can save you some eggs- no charge- if you want. Let me know and I won't put them in the fridge. I'd hatch some for ya but I'm getting a bator's worth of big eggs to start next week.

I would LOVE some! That would be awsome. Im still watching my buff orps for ya. Looking for a roo. Or would you need any buff orp chicks? I tihnk I have about 7 of them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: