my last chick post, for a while

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by mamabigbird, Aug 31, 2010.

1. mamabigbird

mamabigbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2010
    Vancouver Island, B.C.,
    Well the girls are 12 weeks old today and last night we moved their "dog house coop" with them in it into the big girl run. They had been just on the other side of the run in their own mini-run, so they woke up on the wrong side of the fence and had a chance to wander around and feel it out before I opened the pop hole. I didn't expect too much fuss as they've been seeing each other for almost two months. I stuck around for about half an hour and only saw a bit of chasing and no real bullying. PHEW! They were fairly evenly matched for size and numbers, 8 older hens and 6 newbies, so I think that helped.
    I was so scared when we got those tiny little day olds.
    I miss their tiny peeps and cuddly little fluffy butts. Maybe next spring I'll be back on this post with a new batch of babies.

2. Luke13:34

Luke13:34 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2010
    The Naugatuck Valley
    Awwww... happy graduation girls!

You know.. I understand some hatcheries let you PRE-ORDER for Spring......[​IMG]

3. mamabigbird

mamabigbird Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 11, 2010
    Vancouver Island, B.C.,
    HMMMM Pre-ordering is a good idea. We got the last batch at the beginning of June and it worked out as perfect timing. By the time they outgrew their brooder it was finally warm enough to be put outside in their mini-coop and it never rained until yesterday when they moved to the big coop. They are like a bunch of kids playing on the monkey bars (roosts) and going in and out the pop-hole playing peek-a-boo with the big girls.
    AWWWW I JUST LOVE MY CHICKENS SOOOOO MUCH!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by