My Last Hope... BLRW Bantams

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by WhiteMountainsRanch, Dec 30, 2010.

1. WhiteMountainsRanch

WhiteMountainsRanch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 19, 2010
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    As some of you may know I got 4 BLRW Bantams and was hoping for at least 2 girls... Well I've come to face the facts that they may in fact be ALL boys. So here is the last one... I'm still holding out hope that it is a girl. It has smaller combs and wattles, and they are more pink rather than red like the other 3. Also, he/she seems daintier and doesn't engage in the roughhousing like the other 3... I hope she is a girl... [​IMG]

ETA; She is 10 weeks old.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
  2. silkieroo

silkieroo Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2010
    Durham NH
    I'm going to go with.... Hen! I'm almost positive and hoping for your sake I'm right! [​IMG]

3. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

Can you post pics of all of them (individually) for comparison? I am leaning towards pullet as well....I had to wait until they started to crow before I could sex my bantam BLRW. LOL

4. WhiteMountainsRanch

Jun 19, 2010
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    This is the Blue that I am pretty positive is a boy. I think about 7 or 8 weeks old here...

[​IMG]

5. Chickie'sMoma

Chickie'sMoma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Rochester, NH
    looking very feminine in the face but i have had my share of roos pop up when they are that pink at 10 weeks. comparison pics could help too. also, do the legs look very thick compared to the others you have? sometimes stocky, thick legs are an indicator that it could end up being a roo. [​IMG]

6. fluffychickens

fluffychickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2010
    Missouri
    My opinion is that it's a hen. This goes without saying I have no expirence with the breed... but it looks henish to me.

7. WhiteMountainsRanch

Jun 19, 2010
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    Chickie'sMoma :

looking very feminine in the face but i have had my share of roos pop up when they are that pink at 10 weeks. comparison pics could help too. also, do the legs look very thick compared to the others you have? sometimes stocky, thick legs are an indicator that it could end up being a roo. [​IMG]

Unfortunately it seems all my Wyandottes legs look about the same.​

8. Deanner03

Deanner03 The Cake Queen

I vote pullet. But I stink at this game, so take that at face value. [​IMG]

9. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I'm taking a wild guess on this....

First pic......pullet
    Second pic......roo

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by