1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My last mystery rooster chick what is it?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by kjbecker1, Apr 2, 2011.

1. kjbecker1

kjbecker1 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 29, 2011
    Ok this is my last mystery chick out of the assorted rooster box what breed is he?
    he has one white tip feather on each wing other than that all yellow in color. My first guess was white plymouth rock but they said they did not order any white plymouth rocks. They thought it was either a buff orpington, light brahma or isa brown is it one of these? Jason
    [​IMG]

2. Domestic_goddess

Domestic_goddess Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    Utah
    I'm guessing it's either a leghorn, sexlink, or buff orpington.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2011
  3. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
    Quote:I agree, either leghorn or sex link. Doesn't look like a buff Orp. My bet is on sex link.

4. kjbecker1

kjbecker1 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 29, 2011
    I looked on the hatcheries website where they came from and they only carry black sex link. The only other chicks close to this they carry is california grey leghorn and the light brahma. So it must be the leghorn. Thanks for the answers.

5. I-Have-Happy-Hens

I-Have-Happy-Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Carrboro, NC
    I think it is a buff orpington or leghorn def. NOT a light brahma they have fuzzy legs

6. bethandjoeync

bethandjoeync Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Iron Station, NC
    my guess is leghorn. doesn't have the right coloring for a BO or light brahma

7. I-Have-Happy-Hens

I-Have-Happy-Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2010
    Carrboro, NC
    it looks just like my Bo

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by