My Last Silkie (Splash Roo "Merlin" from Bobbi Porto/IndigoEgg)

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Funky Feathers, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    I have no girls for him, so sadly he must go. I really do like him, was planning to at least keep him for 1 more show. But it's not fair to make him lonely just for a show win. Will make an excellent addition to any B/B/S breeding flock. He will darken up your light colored Splash. He has the Lavender gene, as I bought him directly from Bobbi Porto in July 2009. He was 6 months old then, so he is a year and one month now. Stunning boy, sweet & friendly, loves to be held, bathed/groomed. Very nice to his girls. NPIP # 51-370, papers included. Will ship him as soon as it cools off (September, maybe sooner). $10 new box fee. Shipping goes by weight & zip code, I do not overcharge for shipping, the $55 is just a guess. He has been vaccinated (April) for Coryza, no other vaccinations. All my birds get routinely dusted/sprayed for lice/mites and wormed every few months. Any questions just PM me. These are all the pics I have of him. His comb is not as red as it looks in the pics. I will have to get pics of his feet in the next few days. He has all 5 toes, no discoloration. Toe separation is good. Thanks and happy bidding. [​IMG] Local pickup welcome, I am on MD's Eastern Shore.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    That's him in the back

2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    How does the Coryza vaccine work? Is it one of those that makes the bird a carrier, like it will infect non-vaccinated birds? I'm looking for a silkie roo, and I'm not picky about color at this point [​IMG]

3. Funky Feathers

Funky Feathers former Fattie

Jan 15, 2009
    Maryland
    My Coop
    That's only a problem the first month or 2 after vaccination. Then you can mix them together. He's safe now. Look for him on Ovabid but hurry, only 40 mins. left.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by