My latest feathered foot babies - Breda fowl *pics*

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by gritsar, Aug 20, 2014.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Looking for something different for my broody brahma to hatch I came across Breda fowl and fell madly in love. My hen has six, I hatched out three. Here is the broody's six on their way to the juvenile coop (mama went with them). I believe there are four blues and two splashes, the splashes being extras that the egg seller included. Of the three I hatched two are blues and one is a splash. I cannot wait to see these beauties grow up.

[​IMG]

2. chooks4life

chooks4life Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2013
    Australia
    I can't wait to see them grow up too --- would you consider making this a sort of journal thread where you document their progress? If you have time and ability to do so. It'd be very educational.

Best wishes.

3. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Good idea. :) One thing I've noticed already, from the three I have inside....they are very quiet chicks. Rather than set up a second brooder in the middle of our house remodeling I decided to put them in the same brooder with my two bantam cochin chicks that are a few days older. They started getting along right away and there is rarely a peep out of them. Never had such quiet chicks.

4. chooks4life

Apr 8, 2013
    Australia
    I've heard good things about Breda intelligence so far, I mean I know you can't stereotype a whole breed and expect every individual to adhere to the review average but so far they do seem one of the smarter breeds. I've never owned any but it's just an impression I've formed.

5. gritsar

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I am enjoying everything about them so far. I especially like a little blue one that refuses to sleep under mama, but opts for sleeping on her back instead. Betcha it's a rooster, just betcha!

6. chooks4life

Apr 8, 2013
    Australia
    Haha, you're on. We shall see, in time. :D

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by