1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My latest goose egg art.

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by JaciesCoop, Jul 13, 2008.

1. JaciesCoop

JaciesCoop Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 16, 2007
    Arizona
    Here's my latest Faberge' style goose egg trinket box. The insets are white satin.

Just wanted to show what you can do with egg.
    Thanks for looking
    Jacie

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Run-A-Muck Ranch

Run-A-Muck Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

very lovely.... [​IMG]

You are very talented to do that. I would either break the egg as soon as I held it....OR have just the final touch and drop it...hahaha [​IMG]

3. tnkinhunting

tnkinhunting Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2008
    East Tennessee
    That is beautiful! I would never have the patience.

4. chicks rule

chicks rule Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2007
    SW MO
    Jacie, that is just gorgeous. I was looking at your website last night, and I must say you are quite talented. I need to start saving my change and get me one of them, lol. I really liked the one with the horse, could you do that with a unicorn? How did you get into making these? Amazing

5. JaciesCoop

Aug 16, 2007
    Arizona
    Quote:I had one with a porceline unicorn in an ostrich egg. It was beautiful. (the unicorn!) But it sold along time a go. So yes, you can put anything in them

I got into about 15 years ago because I loved the look of them so much. I make a lot of the trinket boxes because that's what sells the most. I think because they have a use and don't just sit around and get dusty! [​IMG]

6. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] WOW

That is simply AMAZING I really wish I could do that.

7. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Absolutely Gorgeous!

Too bad you don't live closer, Jacie.
    I just tossed about 2 dozen goose eggs that were too old to eat. I would have given them to you to blow out and decorate.
    I tried to give them away around here but no one wanted them [​IMG]

8. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Now that's a rare talent! [​IMG]

9. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

How do you do that? I've blown a few eggs and have the shells left. I've wanted to do some kind of art like this for a while, but don't know where to get started.

10. JaciesCoop

Aug 16, 2007
    Arizona
    Quote:15 or even 10 years ago it was hard to get started. There were a few classes you could take but it was hard to even find out about them.

Now if you just google "egg art" you will come up with all sorts of sights to help get you started and buy supplies. I wish I had that advantage when I started. Back then it was all learn as you go and word of mouth. So just start goggling and have fun!!

Jacie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by