My laugh for Wednesday evening

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by HCFarms96, Sep 22, 2011.

1. HCFarms96

HCFarms96 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2011
    So, at church on Wed. night I was going to give someone {we'll call her Nichole} some eggs to deliver to someone else who wasn't able to make it that night. Nichole has a 14 yr. old younger sister, we'll call her Ruthie.

Please keep in mind that:
    a) Ruthie is not a city girl
    b) I have no rooster
    c) Ruthie knows ^this^, and
    d) She has some knowledge about chickens

Ruthie says to Nichole "You'd better hurry up and get them {the eggs} before they hatch!"
    I just kinda looked at her and blinked.
    Me: "Umm, they won't hatch..."
    Ruthie: "Yes, they will! Won't they?"
    Me: "No, they won't. I have no rooster, remember?"
    Ruthie ".............."
    I just found it rather humorous and thought I'd share it with y'all [​IMG]

2. kimice

kimice Out Of The Brooder

Apr 30, 2011
    hahaha....you would be suprised how many adults give me the same reaction to that topic.

3. lvchicken

lvchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2011
    Quote:I know!! lol, but it's kinda sad [​IMG]

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Sometimes people forget the simple details of hatching eggs-gotta have a rooster! [​IMG]

5. GardenGal

GardenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Western WA
    I was surprised at how many people thought you needed a rooster to get eggs in the first place! Our little ambassadors are in the front of the house now, on what used to be a lawn, educating the neighborhood right now [​IMG]

6. jtbrown

jtbrown Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Southeastern Ohio
    I have really done some chicken education at our office. They all want to know about roosters, hens, hatching, etc. Many thought you had to have a rooster for eggs.

I was at home for my first egg, I called work to announce the egg -- all the older ladies were concerned about my hen's little chicken bum and if she was ok after her first egg. They looked up laying info on the Internet and posted a pic of the egg i texted to them where everyone announces grandchildren, graduations, etc. I loved it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by